Leonardo announced today at LAAD in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, that the fleet of six AgustaWestland AW139s operated by Panama’s Servicio Nacional Aeronaval (SENAN) has achieved a 5,000 flight hour milestone.
This result has been achieved in less than four years since the first AW139 entered into service with SENAN in mid-2013. SENAN has benefited from Leonardo’s well-positioned service network in North and Central America, including support from a local service center in Panama, and spares support and comprehensive training solutions provided by Leonardo Helicopters’ Philadelphia facility.
“This milestone further reinforces the strength of the relationship between Leonardo and the Republic of Panama, as well as the high level of support provided to their fleet of government helicopters,” said Mauro Moretti, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager of Leonardo. “Additional deliveries of helicopters later this year will continue to build on the success of Leonardo in the Republic of Panama and are evidence of the solutions we can provide across all sectors to serve the country, its businesses, and its people.”
The current fleet of AW139s, configured for dual-use operations, has been routinely called upon to perform rescue missions, medical evacuations, and coastal patrolling. Two of the SENAN AW139s have recently deployed for further disaster relief efforts in Central America. An additional two AW139s fully configured for anti-smuggling and defense operations across Panama are expected to be delivered by the end of 2017.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit