Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced its show plans for the 2017 Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit in Nashville, Tenn., April 26-28, 2017. The company will display its full-size mockup of the Bell V-280 Valor next generation aircraft, as well as the newly introduced Bell V-247 Vigilant tiltrotor model.
“The Army Aviation Summit provides a great venue for engaging with our current and future customers, as well as displaying our products that bring game-changing capabilities to the warfighter,” said Vince Tobin, Bell Helicopter’s vice president of Advanced Tiltrotor Systems. “The disruptive technology of tiltrotor flight delivers unmatched efficiency and range unavailable with traditional rotorcraft. We look forward to the discussions and engagements with our military customers on how this aircraft will enable multi-domain battle.”
Throughout the show, Bell Helicopter will present next-level technology, including an immersive virtual reality experience of the Bell V-280 that will highlight mission capabilities of the aircraft, and an opportunity to fly the V-280 simulator setup in the booth – showcasing the future of vertical lift. In addition, the V-280 mockup will be shown in both attack and utility configurations, demonstrating the aircraft’s versatility.
The V-280 tiltrotor has been designed to provide unmatched speed, range and payload, along with unmatched agility at the objective. The aircraft will provide the best value in operations and maintenance costs, and is being designed with sustainability, affordability, and ease of manufacturing in mind.
The Bell V-247 tiltrotor is a Group 5 unmanned aerial system (UAS) that will combine the vertical lift capability of a helicopter with the speed and range of a conventional fixed-wing aircraft. The revolutionary UAS is designed to provide unmatched long-endurance persistent expeditionary and surveillance capability and lethal reach, as well as runway independence to operate successfully in maritime environments and locations without secure runway availability.
The Army Aviation Mission Solutions Summit provides the Army Aviation community with the opportunity for professional development, and brings together Army Aviation, government leaders and industry representatives. Attendees will be able to hear leadership messages in general sessions, network with fellow attendees in deep dive sessions on technology and training, and attend presentations from U.S. Army leadership. The annual show also features recognition ceremonies for deserving Aviation soldiers and units.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring