On 27th March 2017, Southern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNH South)’s two Mi-172 helicopters bearing call signs VN-8427 and VN-8428 safely landed in Pekanbaru, Indonesia. This year is the second year that VNH South signed a wet lease contract with Komala Company (Indonesia) for supplying firefighting service for Indonesian Government. VNH South provides four Mi-172 with full package service (including aircrafts, pilots, technicians, maintenance and insurance) for passenger, cargo transport, and firefighting in Indonesia from March 2017 to November 2017. The other two Mi-172s are scheduled to mobilize to Palembang, Indonesia in the middle of April 2017.
Based on the previous experience in cargo transport service as well as the great efforts of VNH South’s pilots and technicians, in 2016 VNH South successfully performed two Mi-172 helicopters wet lease contract for firefighting in Indonesia for 2 months. In addition, VNH South had been receivinghigh appreciation from partners and clients about its service quality, flight safety and professional working manner.
“The wet lease contract of 4 Mi-172s for firefighting in 2017 has once again proved VNH South’s capabilities and reputation. In circumstance of decreasing domestic demand for offshore operations, onshore services expansion in Indonesia- a big potential market of firefighting, passenger/cargo transport and mining is a good opportunity in charting a new direction for the company, contributes to flying hours, revenue, enhances the efficiency of aircraft, consolidates the regional clients and partners’ trust in VNH South’s service quality.” Capt. Le Trong Dong – Director of VNH South said.
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation
- COVID-19 – Rotorcorp COVID-19 Virus Status & Response
- Helitech World Expo (ex Vertical Flight Expo) picks April 2021 dates
- COVID-19 – British helicopter industry steps up – but still needs more help
- Maryland State Police mark 50 years of medevac flights
- Shady Cove airport opens new helipad