“We used HFDM data from the SKYTRAC ISAT-200A for full post-flight analysis on the new engine. The logs captured data from multiple critical sensors at 1-second intervals – far beyond what a pilot is able to observe and record manually,” said Wagner.
“That extra FDM data was a crucial advantage. It gave us confidence in our understanding of the engine’s performance and allowed us to better investigate any issues before we put the aircraft into full service. Ultimately, we feel the FDM program has allowed us to drive a higher level of aviation safety for our clients,” said Wagner.
With a seasonal focus on aerial construction and firefighting, Sequoia Helicopters relies on having their fleet in top shape during the busy summer months to ensure contract availability and meet high safety standards. It is a familiar scenario for many operators.
“The helicopter charter market is a competitive environment and it is critical for operators to minimize unscheduled maintenance downtime which can drive up operational costs. Likewise, high safety standards and proactive maintenance practices can be differentiators when it comes to securing contracts. Sequoia Helicopters is an example of client using HFDM data to its full potential by incorporating system data into their regular maintenance routine,” said SKTRAC VP Sales Jan van der Heul.
SKYTRAC has a global base of fixed and rotary wing clients in Air Charter, Oil & Gas, Air Medical, Business Aviation, Commercial Transportation and Forestry industries. Solutions include real-time engine exceedance alerts, FDM and HFDM analytics, real-time voice and text communications, cockpit EFB tools and real-time flight following.
- Shell Aircraft looking to introduce the H160 into service
- CAMTS Awards First Special Operations Accreditation
- S.A.F.E. to host its first annual Maintenance Safety Symposium
- Precision Aviation Group, Inc. (PAG) Acquires World Aviation Corporation (WAC)
- Maverick announces CRFS retrofit for its entire EC130B4 fleet
- Airbus to deliver 16 H125s to Customs and Border Protection
- Bell and Wintershall Dea Set Sights for Innovative North Sea Operations
- Alameda County Sheriff orders a Bell 505
- Tennessee Valley Authority orders two Bell 429s and two 407GXi
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Maxcraft Avionics receives STC for Garmin GTN750H Navigator in AS365
- S.A.F.E. Structure Designs wins $1M CH-47F fall protection platform contract
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- Sierra Nevada DVE Technology Mitigates Risk of Operating Helicopters
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- Rotortrade gives its view on pre-owned helicopter market
- Sikorsky Recognizes California Firehawk Aerial Firefighters
- StandardAero wins Rolls-Royce M250 award for 11th Consecutive Year
- Guimbal introduces new updates for Cabri G2
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s