“We used HFDM data from the SKYTRAC ISAT-200A for full post-flight analysis on the new engine. The logs captured data from multiple critical sensors at 1-second intervals – far beyond what a pilot is able to observe and record manually,” said Wagner.
“That extra FDM data was a crucial advantage. It gave us confidence in our understanding of the engine’s performance and allowed us to better investigate any issues before we put the aircraft into full service. Ultimately, we feel the FDM program has allowed us to drive a higher level of aviation safety for our clients,” said Wagner.
With a seasonal focus on aerial construction and firefighting, Sequoia Helicopters relies on having their fleet in top shape during the busy summer months to ensure contract availability and meet high safety standards. It is a familiar scenario for many operators.
“The helicopter charter market is a competitive environment and it is critical for operators to minimize unscheduled maintenance downtime which can drive up operational costs. Likewise, high safety standards and proactive maintenance practices can be differentiators when it comes to securing contracts. Sequoia Helicopters is an example of client using HFDM data to its full potential by incorporating system data into their regular maintenance routine,” said SKTRAC VP Sales Jan van der Heul.
SKYTRAC has a global base of fixed and rotary wing clients in Air Charter, Oil & Gas, Air Medical, Business Aviation, Commercial Transportation and Forestry industries. Solutions include real-time engine exceedance alerts, FDM and HFDM analytics, real-time voice and text communications, cockpit EFB tools and real-time flight following.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team