“We used HFDM data from the SKYTRAC ISAT-200A for full post-flight analysis on the new engine. The logs captured data from multiple critical sensors at 1-second intervals – far beyond what a pilot is able to observe and record manually,” said Wagner.
“That extra FDM data was a crucial advantage. It gave us confidence in our understanding of the engine’s performance and allowed us to better investigate any issues before we put the aircraft into full service. Ultimately, we feel the FDM program has allowed us to drive a higher level of aviation safety for our clients,” said Wagner.
With a seasonal focus on aerial construction and firefighting, Sequoia Helicopters relies on having their fleet in top shape during the busy summer months to ensure contract availability and meet high safety standards. It is a familiar scenario for many operators.
“The helicopter charter market is a competitive environment and it is critical for operators to minimize unscheduled maintenance downtime which can drive up operational costs. Likewise, high safety standards and proactive maintenance practices can be differentiators when it comes to securing contracts. Sequoia Helicopters is an example of client using HFDM data to its full potential by incorporating system data into their regular maintenance routine,” said SKTRAC VP Sales Jan van der Heul.
SKYTRAC has a global base of fixed and rotary wing clients in Air Charter, Oil & Gas, Air Medical, Business Aviation, Commercial Transportation and Forestry industries. Solutions include real-time engine exceedance alerts, FDM and HFDM analytics, real-time voice and text communications, cockpit EFB tools and real-time flight following.
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- Brazil’s Federal Highway Police orders six AW119s
- Elbit win $96M Contract for a Rotary-Wing Mission Training Center
- Leonardo to add extra baggage pod to AW189
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505