Eagle Australia successfully completed the first 407HP conversion for Heli Niugini. The conversion finished within the allotted timeframe to Eagle Australasia’s timeframe as previously announced by Eagle Australasia CEO Grant Boyter. It is Eagle Group’s ninth conversion to date, taking six weeks delivered on time and on budget.
A team of three from Eagle Canada were flown into the country to train and assist the Australasia team with the conversion. The process mainly involves replacing a standard 407 engine with a 1,021shp (751kW) HTS-900 engine.
According to Eagle Canada vice president David Whiting, the demand for Eagle 407HP conversions is growing. The re-engine program is fast becoming a success due to the fact that the converted aircraft reduces fuel consumption and increases shaft horsepower compared to the original factory fitted Rolls-Royce 250-C4B7. Furthermore, the re-engine 407HP is capable of lifting an additional 227 kilograms of payload at certain altitude.
This was proven during a trial in Papua New Guinea January this year when a variety of internal and external loads were carried out at 6500 feet, with a density altitude of 8000 feet.
“With initial results coming in as anticipated, the aircraft was then taken up over 10,000 feet to prove its performance at ‘hot and high,’ and after multiple lifts at 11,300 feet (density altitude 13,000 feet) the words ‘Awesome’ and ‘What a beast’ were heard reverberating around the mountains,” said Grant Boyter, Eagle Australasia CEO, after the trial.
The converted 407HP will give Heli Niugini more capacity to outperform of anything in its class above 5,000 ft. and can outlift a Bell 212 above 8,000 ft. giving the company a distinct advantage to the competition.
A second 407Hp conversion is scheduled for June for a general unitality and charter provider based in the United States.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020