The inaugural Rotorcraft Asia, the region’s first-ever dedicated event for civil helicopter industry is focused on offering an effective strategic platform for industry leaders, potential partners and experts to forge partnerships, engage in dialogues and showcase new innovative technologies, to unlock the region’s growing industry.
Top executives, regulators, industry experts, academics and leading industry players from more than 45 countries across 4 continents will converge at Rotorcraft Asia 2017 to drive discussions on industry challenges, emerging needs and new innovative solutions. Adding dimensions to the discourse, the co-located Unmanned Systems Asia 2017 will explore the “Future of Drones” that will feature diverse insights into unmanned systems and showcase the advances of the 21st century.
Held from 18 to 20 April 2017 at the Changi Exhibition Centre in Singapore, over 80 companies from close to 20 countries will gather to showcase a vast spectrum of cutting edge and innovative solutions in rotorcraft and unmanned systems. In addition to featuring new technologies and innovations, the events will also engage young talent with the focus on cultivating and grooming the next generation of industry leaders.
“The growing necessity to integrate smart technologies to drive efficiency and competitiveness has increased the need for the rotorcraft industry to continuously evolve and invest in new innovative technologies,” said Mr Leck Chet Lam, Managing Director, Experia Events. “The events are co-located to ensure industry players have one single effective platform to advance regional growth potential.”
“The inaugural events not only provide a networking platform and access to a wide spectrum of growth opportunities in Asia-Pacific’s thriving civil helicopter and unmanned systems markets, they also enhance Singapore’s position as the leading aerospace hub in the region,” said Mr Tan Kong Hwee, Director, Transport Engineering, Singapore Economic Development Board.
-Shaping The Innovation Agenda Through Insightful Dialogues
Rotorcraft Asia and Unmanned Systems Asia will feature a series of strategic conferences and forums over the three days. The Unmanned Systems Asia 2017 Forum, held on 18 April, will explore the theme of “Future of Drones” to present varied views from commercial users of aerial drones in different industries, with the aim of providing thought provoking discussions on the future potential of having aerial drones performing more varied tasks.
The Rotorcraft Asia Conference, themed “Innovation in Rotorcraft”, will be held on 19 and 20 April, with the focus on new technologies and solutions for rotary wing aircraft. The two-day conference will feature keynote and panel speakers who will seek to explore the future landscape of how rotorcraft will fly and operate, through the application of next generation innovative technologies, mindset and engineering processes.
-Strategic Springboard to Enable Collaboration Across Markets
The VIP Buyers Programme demonstrates the role of Rotorcraft Asia and Unmanned Systems Asia as a strategic springboard to enable exhibitors and potential buyers to network and collaborate on business opportunities in this region. Through pre-arranged meetings, exhibitors can use this dedicated face time to forge strategic new partnerships.
The VIP Buyers attending include senior public sector representatives from the Ministry of Public Security of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Philippine National Police, Royal Malaysia Police, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation, Myanmar, and Royal Brunei Technical Services; as well as commercial buyers including BP, Shell Aviation, PT Derazona Air Service, Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing, PhilJets, Thai Helicopter Services, Waypoint Leasing among others.
-Next-Generation Industry Talents At The Forefront With Drone Innovations
The University R&D Showcase will display innovative unmanned systems solutions of tomorrow that have been developed by Singapore’s top universities and tertiary institutions, contributing to Singapore’s vision to be a Smart Nation. Participating IHLs include Singapore Polytechnic, National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), and University of Glasgow Singapore in partnership with Singapore Institute of Technology.
Rotorcraft Asia 2017 and Unmanned Systems Asia 2017 are organised by Experia Events with the support of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, the Defence Science and Technology Agency, International Enterprise Singapore, the Ministry of Transport, Singapore, the Singapore Economic Development Board and the Singapore Exhibition and Convention Bureau.
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- HeloAir appoints new Chief Pilot
- Bell teams with Sumitomo Corp and Japan Airlines to explore Air Mobility
- Airbus Helicopters replaces Keycopter platform with AirbusWorld
- Austrian innovation extends Airbus Helicopters product range
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips