Erickson Incorporated, a leading global provider of aviation services, announced today it has successfully emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The company satisfied the conditions of its confirmed plan of reorganization, which became effective following approximately five months of negotiations and court proceedings.
President and CEO Jeff Roberts said, “We are very pleased to have completed our financial restructuring in such an efficient and timely manner. Chapter 11 allowed us to achieve rationalization of our aircraft fleet and delever our balance sheet by over $400 million in debt. We are exiting the restructuring process with significant available liquidity to fund the Company’s present and future business opportunities.” Mr. Roberts continued, “With a stronger financial foundation and reduced cost structure, we are well positioned under the new business model to fund our operations and to further develop and expand our business in order to better serve our customers and enhance value for all stakeholders for years to come.”
As provided in the plan of reorganization, the pre-petition first lien debt was satisfied in full and holders of the Company’s pre-petition second priority senior secured notes received new common stock in exchange for their claims. The new ownership is comprised of a diverse shareholder group that includes former bondholders. The Company will move forward as a privately-held small business, effective immediately.
As previously announced, Erickson’s plan of reorganization was confirmed by order entered by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas on March 22, 2017.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award