Héli-Union successfully started helicopter operations in the south of Myanmar for one of its clients. Its customer, Woodside, is an international oil and gas company to whom Héli-Union provided its services last year for a drilling campaign in the same blocks. This is not the first time that the two companies are working together for an offshore operation.
The contract entails provision of passenger transportation and MEDEVAC/SAR services for blocks A-6 and AD-7. Héli-Union is operating 3 AW139s for this particular mission. Two of these helicopters are of 7 Tonnes configuration with the latest avionics package are dedicated to support Woodside’s crew change operations. One of these helicopters has been particularly retrofitted recently in Leonardo Malaysia, in order to meet the flying distance requirement of this mission.
This mission necessitates Héli-Union to operate simultaneously from several bases and requires the company to be flexible. Héli-Union’s project management team always worked conscientiously to emerge with the most cost-effective solutions for its clients.
Jonathan Cosson, Héli-Union’s Deputy Managing Director commented that, “We are delighted that Woodside has decided to work with us again and we look forward to providing a high level of service. The project team, including pilots and engineers have been working very intensively to provide a safe and efficient service above all.”
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot