Vector Aerospace, a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, continues to support the needs of Bell Huey helicopter operators worldwide with its UH-1H3 (“Hot, High, Heavy”) upgrade & modernization program. Developed as a cost-effective means of enhancing the performance of the enduring UH-1H platform, 1,500 of which remain in service worldwide, the UH-1H3 ‘Hot, High, Heavy’ upgrade offers operators a portfolio of technical solutions with which to customize the Huey to their specific requirements.
High performance tailboom, with upgraded upper longerons, improved skins, BLR FastFin® and dual strake system
Upgraded main rotor transmission, hub, swashplate assembly, stabilizer and blades
Upgraded main and tail rotor drive shaft and couplings
Upgraded tail rotor, tail rotor gearbox and push-pull tube control system
Airframe upgrade, including lift beam, main beam and cross tube tunnel
Honeywell T53-L-703 engine
Vector also offers a range of electrical and avionics upgrades to complement the UH-1H3 ‘Hot, High, Heavy’ upgrade, including complete airframe rewire, instrument panel modifications and three- or fourscreen glass cockpit avionics suites. Customers for the UH-1H3 upgrade include the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department (SBCSD), which operates the UH-1H in support of a wide range of missions across the San Bernardino Valley and San Bernardino Mountains, including search & rescue, fire suppression and homeland security.
Vector is proud to serve the SBCSD, and will be delivering an upgraded UH-1H3 – complete with Garmin GTN 650H GPS/nav/comms and GTX transponder, integrated to display TCAS, HTAWS and ADS-B – back to them this week to the support the Department’s missions. About San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department is a Southern California law enforcement agency.
The aviation division of SBCSD provides general law enforcement support, narcotics surveillance, personnel/cargo transport, airborne photography, search and rescue/recovery, multi-agency pursuit coordination, wildland fire suppression and emergency medical services transport.
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years
- Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results
- Bell 407GXI certified in China
- India looking for 111 Naval Utility Helicopters
- FreeFlight Systems announces Sapphire Elite recognition program
- Contracts signed for air medical evacuation services in Europe and Africa
- Service center ODK-Klimov and UTair-Engineering helped Sanaviatsii
- Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal implements new Kathmandu heli-lanes
- Coptersafety provides update on H125 simulator
- USHST Sees Safety Benefits of Integrating UAS and OPA Technology into Helicopter Operations
- Universal Avionics to present innovative flight deck solutions at Heli-Expo
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2019
- DART’s H135 Crosstubes get approvals
- Heli-Union commences contract in French Guyana with two AS365Ns
- Raytheon Awarded $15M Contract for CV-22 Software Delivery
- Kailash Helicopter plans to add more helicopters
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- Austria – HeliAir upgrades OAMTC Airbus H135
- Volocopter works with Fraport to develop airport infrastructure