Vector Aerospace, a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, continues to support the needs of Bell Huey helicopter operators worldwide with its UH-1H3 (“Hot, High, Heavy”) upgrade & modernization program. Developed as a cost-effective means of enhancing the performance of the enduring UH-1H platform, 1,500 of which remain in service worldwide, the UH-1H3 ‘Hot, High, Heavy’ upgrade offers operators a portfolio of technical solutions with which to customize the Huey to their specific requirements.
High performance tailboom, with upgraded upper longerons, improved skins, BLR FastFin® and dual strake system
Upgraded main rotor transmission, hub, swashplate assembly, stabilizer and blades
Upgraded main and tail rotor drive shaft and couplings
Upgraded tail rotor, tail rotor gearbox and push-pull tube control system
Airframe upgrade, including lift beam, main beam and cross tube tunnel
Honeywell T53-L-703 engine
Vector also offers a range of electrical and avionics upgrades to complement the UH-1H3 ‘Hot, High, Heavy’ upgrade, including complete airframe rewire, instrument panel modifications and three- or fourscreen glass cockpit avionics suites. Customers for the UH-1H3 upgrade include the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department (SBCSD), which operates the UH-1H in support of a wide range of missions across the San Bernardino Valley and San Bernardino Mountains, including search & rescue, fire suppression and homeland security.
Vector is proud to serve the SBCSD, and will be delivering an upgraded UH-1H3 – complete with Garmin GTN 650H GPS/nav/comms and GTX transponder, integrated to display TCAS, HTAWS and ADS-B – back to them this week to the support the Department’s missions. About San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department is a Southern California law enforcement agency.
The aviation division of SBCSD provides general law enforcement support, narcotics surveillance, personnel/cargo transport, airborne photography, search and rescue/recovery, multi-agency pursuit coordination, wildland fire suppression and emergency medical services transport.
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways