This weekend Sweden’s first Leonardo AW169 arrived in Östersund. This aircraft is the first in a batch of four AW169s ordered by Babcock Scandinavian AirAmbulance for its HEMS operations in northern Sweden. The new helicopters will replace the current AS365 Dauphin helicopters in Gällivare, Östersund and Lycksele this year. The forth one will be used as a back-up aircraft.
These are the very first AW169s in the Nordic countries, but more helicopters are already expected. Norwegian Airlift will take delivery of three 169s for its marine pilot hoist transfer operations later this year.
The brand-new medium-sized twin engine AW169, developed by AgustaWestland prior to its name change, was certified by EASA in 2015 and by FAA in 2016. It made its first flight in 2012.
Approximately 50 AW169s have been constructed to date, and many of these are deployed in a wide range of applications worldwide, including HEMS, executive transport, offshore transport and wind farm support.
Photo © Copyright 2017 Dave Haines
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- Daegu Fire Department to take delivery of new AW169
- NHV orders two AW169 for offshore operations
- AW169 helicopter to enter offshore operations in Africa
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Leonardo to expand US training with AW169 and AW609 simulators
- SAFE delivers first AW169 maintenance stands in US
- Isles of Scilly spoiler operation runs out of steam
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- WW2 Spitfire has near miss with EMS AW169
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Aerolite Receives FAA STC for AW169 Air Medical Interior
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- 27-Oct-18 G-VSKP Leonardo AW169 Leicester, UK (5F)
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- London Oxford Airport welcomes newest tenant
- EASA approves United Rotorcraft EMS interior STC for AW139 and AW169
- Waypoint Enters Taiwanese Market