Babcock Mission Critical Services Offshore are in the process of rotating their AS365N3 fleet, which are based at Blackpool and serve offshore gas installations in the Irish Sea. In recent weeks they have received two helicopters, one from Germany and one from Tunisia.
The German example D-HAVU was previously in the Babcock (Bond) fleet as G-REDF before it was leased to Heli Aviation in Germany for work with the International Red Cross. Not long after it left UK shores in November 2015, Babcock bought Heli Aviation and subsequently renamed it Babcock Mission Critical Services Germany. The subject helicopter returned to the UK in late March 2017 in an all-white scheme.
The second N3 arrived last week in the navy blue colours of Tunisavia, and could well be the first ever helicopter with a Tunisian registration to fly in UK airspace. TS-HSI is expected to be put onto the UK register in the next week or two. Babcock MCS Offshore have confirmed to HeliHub.com that these two arrivals are part of the company’s “standard fleet rotation plans” and as such will replace the current two N3s which they operate from Blackpool G-REDG and G-REDH.
In the short term, there will be a temporary increase in Babcock movements at Blackpool to support the arrival of a jack-up platform in the Irish Sea. The change of aircraft is not linked to this extra work, we were advised.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Maxcraft Avionics receives STC for Garmin GTN750H Navigator in AS365
- Malaysia becomes regional simulation hub with AS365 and H225 FFS
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- 09-Jun-17 902 Airbus AS565MB Varna, Bulgaria (1F)
- 30-May-17 Airbus AS365N3 Moorea, French Polynesia
- 27-May-17 VT-ENX Airbus AS365N Ahmedabad, India
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- £1 Million is not enough for Great North Air Ambulance
- Heli-One contracted by UAE military for Ariel and Manila support
- S.A.F.E. Structure awarded US Coast Guard – Miami contract for MH-65 check stands
- Mahindra to make parts for Airbus AS565MBe Panther
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Great North Air Ambulance to feature in second series of Air Ambulance ER
- Airbus Helicopters takes six aircraft to FIDAE
- 11-Mar-16 Eurocopter AS365N Shimen, Taiwan (2F)
- Trakka announces pending FAA and EASA STCs
- US Coast Guard clocks up 1,000,000 hours with Arriel engines
- 24-Nov-15 VT-ELJ Airbus AS365N2 Meluri, India