Curtiss-Wright’s Defense Solutions division today announced that it was selected by Bell Helicopter Textron Canada Limited to provide its cockpit voice and flight recorder technology to upgrade the cockpit electronics in the Canadian Armed Forces’ fleet of Bell CH-146 Griffon multi-role utility helicopters. Under the agreement, Curtiss-Wright will provide Bell Helicopter Textron Canada with a cockpit voice and flight recorder subsystem, comprising its Fortress 757 Flight Recorder and a Cockpit Area Microphone. The initial contract, which began in mid-2016, runs through to mid-2018 and is valued at $1.88 million. Shipments begin in May 2017.
“Curtiss-Wright is proud to provide our industry leading cockpit voice and data recording technology for use on this important upgrade program for the Canadian Armed Forces,” said Lynn Bamford, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Defense Solutions division. “This contract represents the first design win for our new ultra-lightweight Fortress family of data recorders and continues our contribution to the CH-146 platform.”
The CH-146, a variant of the Bell 412EP Huey family of rotorcraft, is designed by Bell Helicopter Textron for the Canadian Armed Forces. The Fortress 757 provides the CH-146 with an updated flight recorder platform ready to meet current regulations. It also supports future expansion to support an optional Health and Usage Monitoring System.
Curtiss-Wright will manufacture the products covered by this agreement at its facility in Christchurch, Dorset, UK. The products will be shipped to Bell Helicopter Textron Canada, Mirabel, Quebec, Canada.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit