Curtiss-Wright’s Defense Solutions division today announced that it was selected by Bell Helicopter Textron Canada Limited to provide its cockpit voice and flight recorder technology to upgrade the cockpit electronics in the Canadian Armed Forces’ fleet of Bell CH-146 Griffon multi-role utility helicopters. Under the agreement, Curtiss-Wright will provide Bell Helicopter Textron Canada with a cockpit voice and flight recorder subsystem, comprising its Fortress 757 Flight Recorder and a Cockpit Area Microphone. The initial contract, which began in mid-2016, runs through to mid-2018 and is valued at $1.88 million. Shipments begin in May 2017.
“Curtiss-Wright is proud to provide our industry leading cockpit voice and data recording technology for use on this important upgrade program for the Canadian Armed Forces,” said Lynn Bamford, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Defense Solutions division. “This contract represents the first design win for our new ultra-lightweight Fortress family of data recorders and continues our contribution to the CH-146 platform.”
The CH-146, a variant of the Bell 412EP Huey family of rotorcraft, is designed by Bell Helicopter Textron for the Canadian Armed Forces. The Fortress 757 provides the CH-146 with an updated flight recorder platform ready to meet current regulations. It also supports future expansion to support an optional Health and Usage Monitoring System.
Curtiss-Wright will manufacture the products covered by this agreement at its facility in Christchurch, Dorset, UK. The products will be shipped to Bell Helicopter Textron Canada, Mirabel, Quebec, Canada.
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters