Curtiss-Wright’s Defense Solutions division today announced that it was selected by Bell Helicopter Textron Canada Limited to provide its cockpit voice and flight recorder technology to upgrade the cockpit electronics in the Canadian Armed Forces’ fleet of Bell CH-146 Griffon multi-role utility helicopters. Under the agreement, Curtiss-Wright will provide Bell Helicopter Textron Canada with a cockpit voice and flight recorder subsystem, comprising its Fortress 757 Flight Recorder and a Cockpit Area Microphone. The initial contract, which began in mid-2016, runs through to mid-2018 and is valued at $1.88 million. Shipments begin in May 2017.
“Curtiss-Wright is proud to provide our industry leading cockpit voice and data recording technology for use on this important upgrade program for the Canadian Armed Forces,” said Lynn Bamford, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Defense Solutions division. “This contract represents the first design win for our new ultra-lightweight Fortress family of data recorders and continues our contribution to the CH-146 platform.”
The CH-146, a variant of the Bell 412EP Huey family of rotorcraft, is designed by Bell Helicopter Textron for the Canadian Armed Forces. The Fortress 757 provides the CH-146 with an updated flight recorder platform ready to meet current regulations. It also supports future expansion to support an optional Health and Usage Monitoring System.
Curtiss-Wright will manufacture the products covered by this agreement at its facility in Christchurch, Dorset, UK. The products will be shipped to Bell Helicopter Textron Canada, Mirabel, Quebec, Canada.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management