Curtiss-Wright’s Defense Solutions division today announced that it was selected by Bell Helicopter Textron Canada Limited to provide its cockpit voice and flight recorder technology to upgrade the cockpit electronics in the Canadian Armed Forces’ fleet of Bell CH-146 Griffon multi-role utility helicopters. Under the agreement, Curtiss-Wright will provide Bell Helicopter Textron Canada with a cockpit voice and flight recorder subsystem, comprising its Fortress 757 Flight Recorder and a Cockpit Area Microphone. The initial contract, which began in mid-2016, runs through to mid-2018 and is valued at $1.88 million. Shipments begin in May 2017.
“Curtiss-Wright is proud to provide our industry leading cockpit voice and data recording technology for use on this important upgrade program for the Canadian Armed Forces,” said Lynn Bamford, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Defense Solutions division. “This contract represents the first design win for our new ultra-lightweight Fortress family of data recorders and continues our contribution to the CH-146 platform.”
The CH-146, a variant of the Bell 412EP Huey family of rotorcraft, is designed by Bell Helicopter Textron for the Canadian Armed Forces. The Fortress 757 provides the CH-146 with an updated flight recorder platform ready to meet current regulations. It also supports future expansion to support an optional Health and Usage Monitoring System.
Curtiss-Wright will manufacture the products covered by this agreement at its facility in Christchurch, Dorset, UK. The products will be shipped to Bell Helicopter Textron Canada, Mirabel, Quebec, Canada.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement