Greenwich AeroGroup announced today that its LiveAero dealer, IDG Europe AB recently certified and installed a LiveAero system on a Mi-172 helicopter in St. Petersburg, Russia. The LiveAero system on this aircraft provides passengers with voice and internet connectivity at all times as well as added operational safety with a brand new real-time flight tracking capability.
“This is an exciting accomplishment for the LiveAero program,” said Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Greenwich AeroGroup Daniel Lafrance. “The add-on of the position tracking capability to the system significantly improves the value that this satellite broadband connectivity solution continues delivering to the marketplace.”
LiveAero, developed by Thales, is the only fixed wing and rotorcraft data broadband solution that works everywhere in the world, including remote, oceanic and polar regions, for operators requiring voice and connectivity. Based upon the Iridium OpenPortTM broadband technology, the system has Wi-Fi enabled, bi-directional data speed of up to 134 kbps and significantly greater gateway optimized speeds. The system also includes three separate voice lines for calls to be placed anywhere in the world. Connectivity is not impaired by helicopter rotors or weather conditions and will continue being available throughout and after deployment of the new Iridium Next satellite constellation.
IDG Europe AB developed the system’s newest element of real-time aircraft tracking. The web-based platform enables monitoring of aircraft and configuring of SOS alerts, Geo Fencing as well as advanced reporting options. IDG in cooperation with local partners delivered the aircraft to its customer in Kazakhstan where it will be used for VIP transports. Currently, a majority of the Mi-8 and Mi-17 helicopters are based in Russia and other Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) making this milestone very meaningful for operators currently seeking an effective and affordable voice and connectivity solution in that region.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President