Líder Aviação obtained a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification on April 12, 2017, which will enable the company to perform maintenance on U.S.-registered aircraft operating in the oil and gas segment.
With this certification, Líder Aviação – which was already certified by the FAA in the São Paulo and Belo Horizonte bases – will also be able to service U.S. aircraft at the Macaé base, where a large part of the offshore helicopter fleet is based. The certification will also help in the helicopter redelivery process to the U.S. and other countries that have a bilateral agreement with the FAA.
According to the Líder Aviação Chief Operating Officer Júnia Hermont, this certificate not only adds more credibility to the company’s services, but it also expands the portfolio of solutions offered to customers. “From now on, we will also be servicing American helicopters serving the oil and gas industry,” said Júnia. “Furthermore, we will be able inspect Brazilian aircraft being exported to the U.S. The expectation, therefore, is that this new accreditation brings new business opportunities.”
“This is an exciting development because it gives Líder an opportunity to find new customers, including repair and overhaul for components, which can be sent to U.S. and other countries that recognize FAA Repair Station,” said Bristow Americas Regional Director Samantha Willenbacher.
Líder Aviação is an unconsolidated affiliate of Bristow Group operating in Brazil.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines