Líder Aviação obtained a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification on April 12, 2017, which will enable the company to perform maintenance on U.S.-registered aircraft operating in the oil and gas segment.
With this certification, Líder Aviação – which was already certified by the FAA in the São Paulo and Belo Horizonte bases – will also be able to service U.S. aircraft at the Macaé base, where a large part of the offshore helicopter fleet is based. The certification will also help in the helicopter redelivery process to the U.S. and other countries that have a bilateral agreement with the FAA.
According to the Líder Aviação Chief Operating Officer Júnia Hermont, this certificate not only adds more credibility to the company’s services, but it also expands the portfolio of solutions offered to customers. “From now on, we will also be servicing American helicopters serving the oil and gas industry,” said Júnia. “Furthermore, we will be able inspect Brazilian aircraft being exported to the U.S. The expectation, therefore, is that this new accreditation brings new business opportunities.”
“This is an exciting development because it gives Líder an opportunity to find new customers, including repair and overhaul for components, which can be sent to U.S. and other countries that recognize FAA Repair Station,” said Bristow Americas Regional Director Samantha Willenbacher.
Líder Aviação is an unconsolidated affiliate of Bristow Group operating in Brazil.
- San Diego commits to four Airbus H125s for Police Dept
- New leasing company Thora Capital closes helicopter transaction
- Erickson Named Top 10 Defense Manufacturing Solution Provider
- John Deere and Volocopter collaborate on agricultural drone
- DCS Awarded $93.4M Task Order to Support AFLCMC/WIH Helicopter Program Office
- HSC-22 Teams with Kanas City College
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- PWC adds Russian maintenance facility for Ansat helicopters
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA