Quantum3D, Inc., a leading provider of training and simulation solutions for government and commercial applications, today announced that it has been selected to provide Image Generation technology as part of the first flight simulator being delivered to Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) in support of its new T-625 helicopter design. The simulator will feature Quantum3D’s Independence® IDX 8000 Series Image Generator (IG), which is Quantum3D’s most powerful IG solution featuring its award-winning MANTIS® scene generation software on a robust PC-based hardware platform.
Initially named “Ozgun” (Turkish for “original”, or “indigenous”), the T-625 is part of a program initiated in 2014 to replace the Turkish Armed Forces’ aging fleet of Bell Helicopter UH-1H Hueys. This simulator is to support the first prototype airframe, currently under development, with volume production anticipated to begin in late 2018. The entire visual system (including displays) for the simulator is being integrated under contract with HAVELSAN, a prominent global software and systems provider based in Ankara, Turkey.
“Helicopter simulation is one of the most demanding applications from a visual system perspective,” said Brian Overy, Quantum3D’s Vice President of Business Development and Sales. “We are excited to be a part of this program with TAI, and this only adds to the momentum of success we’ve been seeing recently as the emerging visual platform of choice in the rotary-wing segment.”
Quantum3D’s new IDX 8000 image generator is built on the latest in visual computing technology, including Intel’s latest Xeon CPUs and NVIDIA’s Quadro P-series GPUs for the best performance, maximum reliability, and the highest levels of scene quality and realism available today. The IDX 8000 includes MANTIS® – Quantum3D’s advanced software for real-time visual simulation. Based on modern GPU shader programming and with its vast array of plug-ins for special effects, MANTIS is well suited to exploit the new levels of hardware power within the IDX 8000. And when packaged with Quantum3D’s GeoScapeSE® World-Wide Database, IDX 8000 provides an out-of-the-box solution that’s ready to fly to thousands of airports, cities, and other destinations around the globe.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award