Quantum3D, Inc., a leading provider of training and simulation solutions for government and commercial applications, today announced that it has been selected to provide Image Generation technology as part of the first flight simulator being delivered to Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) in support of its new T-625 helicopter design. The simulator will feature Quantum3D’s Independence® IDX 8000 Series Image Generator (IG), which is Quantum3D’s most powerful IG solution featuring its award-winning MANTIS® scene generation software on a robust PC-based hardware platform.
Initially named “Ozgun” (Turkish for “original”, or “indigenous”), the T-625 is part of a program initiated in 2014 to replace the Turkish Armed Forces’ aging fleet of Bell Helicopter UH-1H Hueys. This simulator is to support the first prototype airframe, currently under development, with volume production anticipated to begin in late 2018. The entire visual system (including displays) for the simulator is being integrated under contract with HAVELSAN, a prominent global software and systems provider based in Ankara, Turkey.
“Helicopter simulation is one of the most demanding applications from a visual system perspective,” said Brian Overy, Quantum3D’s Vice President of Business Development and Sales. “We are excited to be a part of this program with TAI, and this only adds to the momentum of success we’ve been seeing recently as the emerging visual platform of choice in the rotary-wing segment.”
Quantum3D’s new IDX 8000 image generator is built on the latest in visual computing technology, including Intel’s latest Xeon CPUs and NVIDIA’s Quadro P-series GPUs for the best performance, maximum reliability, and the highest levels of scene quality and realism available today. The IDX 8000 includes MANTIS® – Quantum3D’s advanced software for real-time visual simulation. Based on modern GPU shader programming and with its vast array of plug-ins for special effects, MANTIS is well suited to exploit the new levels of hardware power within the IDX 8000. And when packaged with Quantum3D’s GeoScapeSE® World-Wide Database, IDX 8000 provides an out-of-the-box solution that’s ready to fly to thousands of airports, cities, and other destinations around the globe.
- HeliOffshore Helideck Work Group Reports on Top Five Safety Events
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $7M Contract for V-22 Modification
- Raytheon testing AI to improve CV-22 maintenance planning
- FleckDecks Awarded $17M Contract for V-22 and MV-22 Procurement
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Recognize The Best of Vertical Aviation
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Duke Energy picks GPMS Foresight HUMS
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities