Last Friday saw an end of era as second in Command at RNAS Culdrose, the Executive Officer, Commander Ian Fitter handed over to long term Culdrose aviator Commander Paul ‘Rex’ Harrison.
Commander Fitter joined Culdrose as the Executive officer in April 2015.
He thoroughly enjoyed being back home, both professionally, as he spent much of his flying career at Culdrose and to return to the place where he grew up.
Ian is a Helston boy, attending the Community College and growing up in the local area. He felt it was a real privilege for him as local to be second in charge at Culdrose.
Highlights of his time back at Culdrose were developing the long term and strong bond between the Air Station and the local community.
It was fitting that his final act as Commander was the privilege of dancing in the Midday dance at Flora Day.
The new Executive Officer is Commander Paul Harrison, known as Rex, after the My Fair Lady character.
Commander Rex is another long term Culdrose aviator, a ‘Bagman’ as he flew with 849 Naval Air Squadron, known for their distinctive radar, or ‘bags’ on the side of their aircraft.
He has spent much of his time flying here at Culdrose or deployed operationally including the Middle East and Afghanistan.
He is delighted to be back at Culdrose, his adopted home and has family in the local area.
Commander Harrison is looking forward to his new role and will find the varied aspects of the job very enjoyable.
He wishes to maintain the good standing Culdrose has in the local community, as well as exploring new avenues to further strengthen them.
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order