Last Friday saw an end of era as second in Command at RNAS Culdrose, the Executive Officer, Commander Ian Fitter handed over to long term Culdrose aviator Commander Paul ‘Rex’ Harrison.
Commander Fitter joined Culdrose as the Executive officer in April 2015.
He thoroughly enjoyed being back home, both professionally, as he spent much of his flying career at Culdrose and to return to the place where he grew up.
Ian is a Helston boy, attending the Community College and growing up in the local area. He felt it was a real privilege for him as local to be second in charge at Culdrose.
Highlights of his time back at Culdrose were developing the long term and strong bond between the Air Station and the local community.
It was fitting that his final act as Commander was the privilege of dancing in the Midday dance at Flora Day.
The new Executive Officer is Commander Paul Harrison, known as Rex, after the My Fair Lady character.
Commander Rex is another long term Culdrose aviator, a ‘Bagman’ as he flew with 849 Naval Air Squadron, known for their distinctive radar, or ‘bags’ on the side of their aircraft.
He has spent much of his time flying here at Culdrose or deployed operationally including the Middle East and Afghanistan.
He is delighted to be back at Culdrose, his adopted home and has family in the local area.
Commander Harrison is looking forward to his new role and will find the varied aspects of the job very enjoyable.
He wishes to maintain the good standing Culdrose has in the local community, as well as exploring new avenues to further strengthen them.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator