Last Friday saw an end of era as second in Command at RNAS Culdrose, the Executive Officer, Commander Ian Fitter handed over to long term Culdrose aviator Commander Paul ‘Rex’ Harrison.
Commander Fitter joined Culdrose as the Executive officer in April 2015.
He thoroughly enjoyed being back home, both professionally, as he spent much of his flying career at Culdrose and to return to the place where he grew up.
Ian is a Helston boy, attending the Community College and growing up in the local area. He felt it was a real privilege for him as local to be second in charge at Culdrose.
Highlights of his time back at Culdrose were developing the long term and strong bond between the Air Station and the local community.
It was fitting that his final act as Commander was the privilege of dancing in the Midday dance at Flora Day.
The new Executive Officer is Commander Paul Harrison, known as Rex, after the My Fair Lady character.
Commander Rex is another long term Culdrose aviator, a ‘Bagman’ as he flew with 849 Naval Air Squadron, known for their distinctive radar, or ‘bags’ on the side of their aircraft.
He has spent much of his time flying here at Culdrose or deployed operationally including the Middle East and Afghanistan.
He is delighted to be back at Culdrose, his adopted home and has family in the local area.
Commander Harrison is looking forward to his new role and will find the varied aspects of the job very enjoyable.
He wishes to maintain the good standing Culdrose has in the local community, as well as exploring new avenues to further strengthen them.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet