Last Friday saw an end of era as second in Command at RNAS Culdrose, the Executive Officer, Commander Ian Fitter handed over to long term Culdrose aviator Commander Paul ‘Rex’ Harrison.
Commander Fitter joined Culdrose as the Executive officer in April 2015.
He thoroughly enjoyed being back home, both professionally, as he spent much of his flying career at Culdrose and to return to the place where he grew up.
Ian is a Helston boy, attending the Community College and growing up in the local area. He felt it was a real privilege for him as local to be second in charge at Culdrose.
Highlights of his time back at Culdrose were developing the long term and strong bond between the Air Station and the local community.
It was fitting that his final act as Commander was the privilege of dancing in the Midday dance at Flora Day.
The new Executive Officer is Commander Paul Harrison, known as Rex, after the My Fair Lady character.
Commander Rex is another long term Culdrose aviator, a ‘Bagman’ as he flew with 849 Naval Air Squadron, known for their distinctive radar, or ‘bags’ on the side of their aircraft.
He has spent much of his time flying here at Culdrose or deployed operationally including the Middle East and Afghanistan.
He is delighted to be back at Culdrose, his adopted home and has family in the local area.
Commander Harrison is looking forward to his new role and will find the varied aspects of the job very enjoyable.
He wishes to maintain the good standing Culdrose has in the local community, as well as exploring new avenues to further strengthen them.
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL