Most foreign operators want the utility of being able to use aircraft assets for more than one purpose. This allows investments and costs to be spread over a number of value uses. To be successful with this strategy, the special equipment required for each role needs to be installable quickly, the aircraft is capable of being certified in the desired configuration, and the avionics needs to work in concert with the added role without burdensome workload increases in the cockpit.
Rogerson Kratos is working with several partners to integrate the multiple roles. An armed offering will be important for attack and security operations. The MEDEVAC role is important for both civil and military operations, as well as the Search & Rescue role. The logistics capabilities are enhanced by the cargo hook, as well as internal cargo capability to carry supplies for humanitarian relief. Truly, the Black Hawk is an ideal multi-mission aircraft.
Rogerson Kratos CEO, Michael Rogerson, said at the conference that “This Program is focused on proving the value of not only using Black Hawks for military purposes, but also for humanitarian, public safety, and interoperability cooperation. The integrated Rogerson Kratos system has a number of additional features that the current standard production cockpit doesn’t come with. The Rogerson Kratos multimission program takes advantage of that capability.”
The initial basic goal of replacing the analog gauges with digital electronic instrumentation grew into more than greater situational awareness and reduced pilot workload as it became clear how the upgrade can help expand mission roles and also enable the use of the aircraft as a force multiplier for other modernized Black Hawk acquisitions.
Rogerson Kratos is confident the significant costs savings of its UH-60 solution for both A and L models will open new opportunities for extending the life of operators’ legacy aircraft. The solutions being worked with respected industry partners represent a best in class for the challenging needs of these missions.
Rogerson Kratos is a world aviation leader in the integration, design, production, and support of avionics and digital electronic systems for commercial and government helicopter solutions.
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters