Texas-based, Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, LLC. will provide Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) services to Airbus Helicopters Inc. for the U.S. Army fleet of UH-72A Lakota Helicopters.
Airbus Helicopters Inc., a U.S. affiliate of the global aerospace and defense company Airbus, was awarded a 5-year CLS contract by the U.S. Army in mid-December 2016. Airbus Helicopters subsequently contracted with Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, as a direct supplier in support of the Lakota fleet. Safran is the sole source provider of the autopilot system for the UH-72A aircraft.
Under Airbus Helicopters direction, Safran will provide support to Army, and Army National Guard bases in 43 states as well as Kwajalein, Guam, Puerto Rico and Germany. The largest concentration of UH-72As is based at Fort Rucker, in Alabama, where the aircraft are used by the Army for Initial Entry Rotary Wing flight training of new pilots.
Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, LLC. has previously received FAA certifications (STC) for several aircraft and helicopters, as Eurocopter EC 120 and Eurocopter EC 130 B4, along with flight controls for a number of other OEM aircraft.
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- PHi report on results for the year to 31 December 2018
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- Hensoldt enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5