Texas-based, Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, LLC. will provide Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) services to Airbus Helicopters Inc. for the U.S. Army fleet of UH-72A Lakota Helicopters.
Airbus Helicopters Inc., a U.S. affiliate of the global aerospace and defense company Airbus, was awarded a 5-year CLS contract by the U.S. Army in mid-December 2016. Airbus Helicopters subsequently contracted with Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, as a direct supplier in support of the Lakota fleet. Safran is the sole source provider of the autopilot system for the UH-72A aircraft.
Under Airbus Helicopters direction, Safran will provide support to Army, and Army National Guard bases in 43 states as well as Kwajalein, Guam, Puerto Rico and Germany. The largest concentration of UH-72As is based at Fort Rucker, in Alabama, where the aircraft are used by the Army for Initial Entry Rotary Wing flight training of new pilots.
Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, LLC. has previously received FAA certifications (STC) for several aircraft and helicopters, as Eurocopter EC 120 and Eurocopter EC 130 B4, along with flight controls for a number of other OEM aircraft.
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support
- Eemshaven Heliport receives first flight
- MINT Turbines Names New General Manager
- Norwegian Government commits to rescue helicopter base at Tromso by 2022
- CIA Museum adds Mil MI-17 helicopter
- New hangar for Tuscaloosa Police
- REACH 6 celebrates 15 years of service
- UK to advise Kazakhstan on aviation regulation
- SEI Industries is a Finalist for the 2019 BC Export Awards
- UAVOS Unmanned Helicopter Robinson for Precision Farming