Texas-based, Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, LLC. will provide Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) services to Airbus Helicopters Inc. for the U.S. Army fleet of UH-72A Lakota Helicopters.
Airbus Helicopters Inc., a U.S. affiliate of the global aerospace and defense company Airbus, was awarded a 5-year CLS contract by the U.S. Army in mid-December 2016. Airbus Helicopters subsequently contracted with Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, as a direct supplier in support of the Lakota fleet. Safran is the sole source provider of the autopilot system for the UH-72A aircraft.
Under Airbus Helicopters direction, Safran will provide support to Army, and Army National Guard bases in 43 states as well as Kwajalein, Guam, Puerto Rico and Germany. The largest concentration of UH-72As is based at Fort Rucker, in Alabama, where the aircraft are used by the Army for Initial Entry Rotary Wing flight training of new pilots.
Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, LLC. has previously received FAA certifications (STC) for several aircraft and helicopters, as Eurocopter EC 120 and Eurocopter EC 130 B4, along with flight controls for a number of other OEM aircraft.
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support