Texas-based, Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, LLC. will provide Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) services to Airbus Helicopters Inc. for the U.S. Army fleet of UH-72A Lakota Helicopters.
Airbus Helicopters Inc., a U.S. affiliate of the global aerospace and defense company Airbus, was awarded a 5-year CLS contract by the U.S. Army in mid-December 2016. Airbus Helicopters subsequently contracted with Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, as a direct supplier in support of the Lakota fleet. Safran is the sole source provider of the autopilot system for the UH-72A aircraft.
Under Airbus Helicopters direction, Safran will provide support to Army, and Army National Guard bases in 43 states as well as Kwajalein, Guam, Puerto Rico and Germany. The largest concentration of UH-72As is based at Fort Rucker, in Alabama, where the aircraft are used by the Army for Initial Entry Rotary Wing flight training of new pilots.
Safran Electronics & Defense, Avionics USA, LLC. has previously received FAA certifications (STC) for several aircraft and helicopters, as Eurocopter EC 120 and Eurocopter EC 130 B4, along with flight controls for a number of other OEM aircraft.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment