Summit Aviation, a Greenwich AeroGroup company, celebrated its expanding aviation parts manufacturing operations today with a ribbon cutting ceremony.
Summit’s Somerset operations started in 2007 as a labor-only supplier to Schweizer Aircraft, today Summit Aviation’s manufacturing facility provides full-service support to build aerostructure product assemblies for a variety of military and commercial helicopters and fixed wing aircraft. Since its inception, Summit Aviation’s manufacturing workforce has grown six-fold.
Quadrupling its business over the last four years, the company now has 40,000 square feet of work space in its newly constructed digs compared to its previous work area of 26,000 square feet.
“Our growth is a testament to the hard work of our employees, the strong partnerships we have formed over the years and the new ones we are creating,” said Vice President and General Manager of Summit Aviation Ralph Kunz. “Additionally, our collaboration with local investors and the Pulaski County government is proving beneficial for not only our business but also our employees and this community.”
“Summit’s expansion is a great way to celebrate ten years of productivity and job creation in Somerset,” said U.S. Representative for Kentucky’s 5th congressional district Hal Rogers. “I am grateful that this impressive company chose to utilize our world-class workforce to manufacture aviation products that are used by our U.S. military and others. I applaud Summit’s continued success and commitment to our region.”
Kunz added that over the last 10 years the company has grown its customer base to include companies such as Northrop Grumman, Bombardier Learjet, Lockheed Martin and others.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards