Air BP and RocketRoute, the European based aviation services company, underlined their commitment to the business and general aviation market with the launch of a new and enhanced RocketRoute app that takes the service offering beyond fuel and flight planning. The new RocketRoute app will enable pilots to connect directly with thousands of ground handlers, FBOs and aviation providers worldwide. In just seconds business and light aviation customers can easily source and view any service provider at a particular airport. Users then simply select the services they require and complete their order.
At EBACE 2017 RocketRoute will be actively seeking and engaging with a wide range of leading service suppliers globally who want to build their own ‘direct-to’ relationship with pilots and operators in order to promote their brand and business. This includes permit arrangers, inflight caterers, security, ground transport providers, hotels, insurance, customs and more.
RocketRoute, which will be presented to the industry formally at Europe’s largest business aviation exhibition by RocketRoute and Air BP (co located at Stand C88 ) during 22nd to 24th May, 2017, is available on iPhone, iPad and via the website www.rocketroute.com
RocketRoute and Air BP’s vision is to offer the complete ‘one stop shop’ for pilots and operators to plan and organise their trips, building on seven years of flight planning expertise and know how and Air BP’s nine decades serving the aviation industry.
“This new all-embracing RocketRoute app is something we have been developing in collaboration with Air BP since late last year. It brings together everything in a single integrated service, making it easier for the pilot to communicate with their preferred service providers and reduces paperwork for the operator. We liberate the pilot to focus on flying, saving time and effort for everyone,” said RocketRoute Co Founder Kurt Lyall.
“It will also provide solutions for those trip planning issues that pilots and operators have identified as being the most problematic and time-consuming,” he added.
Solutions include: Bringing the flight plan, trip paperwork, billing and payment all together in one suite and synchronising automatically with flights filled via Eurocontrol and the US FAA.
Furthermore, the RocketRoute Rewards programme gives all users up to 1% cash back on trip expenses, plus access to exclusive offers and deals from handlers and suppliers.
“We identified the synergy with RocketRoute right from the outset as we set out to explore how we could work together to offer a wider range of services beyond fuel pre-ordering and purchasing,” said Irene Lores, Global Marketing Director, General Aviation at Air BP. “Marrying up the innovative RocketRoute technology platform with Air BP’s strength and global presence we are well placed to respond to market demand among pilots and corporate flight departments to hold all the information they need for their flights in one place.”
It was exactly a year ago, at AERO Friedrichshafen in Germany, that RocketRoute and Air BP formalised their relationship when the latter took a minority stake in the aviation services company.
In October 2016, Air BP, together with RocketRoute first introduced its Fuel App offering general aviation operators a new way of buying fuel. The RocketFuel app, which is now part of the new app and no longer stand alone, streamlines the fuel purchasing process for the international general aviation sector and provides intuitive online access to an extensive global network of aviation fuel locations, convenient payment methods, In a first app too, it offers the opportunity to offset carbon emissions through the system interface.
- Robinson Opens Dedicated MRO Facility
- Christoph 47 with blood and plasma preserves in use
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to receive Government grant
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- LCI successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter facility
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- HeliTSA secures EASA approval under new Part 147
- DART Aerospace’s E-Commerce Website Now Available Globally
- Life Flight Network Announces Partnership with WhidbeyHealth
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance