Vector Aerospace (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has received authorization from Safran Helicopter Engines to support the latest Arriel 2D model as a certified Repair Centre. This new approval, which extends Vector’s service capabilities on the Airbus Helicopters H125 and H130 platforms, continues Vector’s long-running support of the popular Arriel family of turboshafts.
Vector worked closely with Safran to establish its new capability on the Arriel 2D, putting the necessary tooling and training in place to support this latest variant of the turboshaft. Vector has been supporting the Arriel 1 since 1994, and the Arriel 2 since 2010, having to date delivered over 3,275 Arriel 1 engines and over 450 Arriel 2 powerplants back to operators.
“Becoming certified to overhaul the Arriel 2D provides us with the opportunity to extend our services to our existing customers, as well as to new operators who are taking delivery of Airbus Helicopters H125 and H130 light single-engine platforms,” said Tracy Osadchuk, Vice President Customer Service, Vector Aerospace. “This extended authorization allows us to support the latest generation of AStars and Ecureuils, while continuing to service older models of the family.”
Vector Aerospace is an authorized Safran Helicopter Engines Arriel 1 and Arriel 2 Repair Centre, providing full repair and overhaul services to civilian Arriel 1 operators in North and South America, and to civilian Arriel 2 operators in North America.
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support