PZL-Świdnik, a Leonardo Group helicopter manufacturer, is pleased to inform that on 20th May this year the celebrations commemorating the 54th anniversary of the establishment of the oldest helicopter unit in Poland, i.e. the 56th Air Base in Inowrocław, were held at Inowrocław-Latkowo airfield. A special event accompanying the feast was comprised by celebrations of the 50th anniversary of introduction into service of the Polish Armed Forces of Mi-2 helicopter, whose approximately 5500 units have been manufactured in PZL-Świdnik during almost 40 years. Another accompanying event was comprised by the 5th Kuyavian Helicopter Picnic.
One of the most important attractions of the Inowrocław event was comprised by Mi-2 Alley, i.e. a demonstration of 11 helicopters in the service – among others – of the Police, Border Guards and Land Forces. Owing to support of PZL-Świdnik company one of the helicopters was presented in occasional painting scheme.
“The painting scheme combines history with the present times. One half of the fuselage features camouflage painting, which was present on military Mi-2 helicopters still by the end of 1990s, while the other half of the fuselage features new-uniform, dark green painting, applied presently to most helicopters of the Polish Air Force” – says major pilot Marcin Sieradzki, one of the organisers „The two painting schemes are divided by a stylized figure of a Greek warrior – a hoplite. In the times of the “Cold War” the code name of NATO for Mi-2 helicopter was “Hoplite”, which explains the Greek soldier figure” – major Sieradzki explains.
During the Inowrocław event, observers could admire in mid-air the Świdnik-made helicopters W-3PL Głuszec, SW-4 Puszczyk and W3-WA RM Anakonda, which performed a special demonstration of maritime rescue.
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order