PZL-Świdnik, a Leonardo Group helicopter manufacturer, is pleased to inform that on 20th May this year the celebrations commemorating the 54th anniversary of the establishment of the oldest helicopter unit in Poland, i.e. the 56th Air Base in Inowrocław, were held at Inowrocław-Latkowo airfield. A special event accompanying the feast was comprised by celebrations of the 50th anniversary of introduction into service of the Polish Armed Forces of Mi-2 helicopter, whose approximately 5500 units have been manufactured in PZL-Świdnik during almost 40 years. Another accompanying event was comprised by the 5th Kuyavian Helicopter Picnic.
One of the most important attractions of the Inowrocław event was comprised by Mi-2 Alley, i.e. a demonstration of 11 helicopters in the service – among others – of the Police, Border Guards and Land Forces. Owing to support of PZL-Świdnik company one of the helicopters was presented in occasional painting scheme.
“The painting scheme combines history with the present times. One half of the fuselage features camouflage painting, which was present on military Mi-2 helicopters still by the end of 1990s, while the other half of the fuselage features new-uniform, dark green painting, applied presently to most helicopters of the Polish Air Force” – says major pilot Marcin Sieradzki, one of the organisers „The two painting schemes are divided by a stylized figure of a Greek warrior – a hoplite. In the times of the “Cold War” the code name of NATO for Mi-2 helicopter was “Hoplite”, which explains the Greek soldier figure” – major Sieradzki explains.
During the Inowrocław event, observers could admire in mid-air the Świdnik-made helicopters W-3PL Głuszec, SW-4 Puszczyk and W3-WA RM Anakonda, which performed a special demonstration of maritime rescue.
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connec
- NHC Northern Helicopter takes over offshore air rescue for the RWE Amrumbank wind farm
- Rush Health Systems now providing PHI Air Medical with blood products
- Georgia Border Police restore weekly Mi-8 flights to Tusheti
- WAI 2021 Conference Goes All-Virtual
- New President named at Sikorsky
- Russian Helicopters completed the transfer of Ka-52 within the framework of the 2020 State Defense Order
- SAAF helicopter squadrons top the Sword of Peace recipient list
- L-3 Technologies awarded $10M contract for procure six AN/SRQ-4 kits for the MH-60
- Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters restarts West Rim Grand Canyon tours
- Air Methods Announces New Missouri ARCH Air Medical Base
- Garmin Pilot Adds Graphical Airspace and Obstacle NOTAMs
- Maine Army National Guard works closer with community leaders
- V-22 Flights Begin at Japan’s Kisarazu Air Field
- Aberdeen Standard Investments extends support for London’s Air Ambulance
- DTL and thyssenkrupp Aerospace agree on extended umbrella contract
- Genesys Aerosystems’ EFIS Now Certified on Airbus AS350/355
- Argus International hires SVP of Operations and Business Development