Astronautics Corporation of America’s newest display product—the AFI 4700 RoadRunner electronic flight instrument (EFI)—flew onboard a Bell 212 helicopter yesterday during a demonstration flight with the Colombian National Police.
The RoadRunner EFI will remain installed in the helicopter’s cockpit and be available for viewing on static display during the Feria de la Industria Aerospacial Colombiana (FIAC) in Bogota, May 25-27. Following the FIAC show, the Colombian National Police will continue RoadRunner EFI evaluation flights with the Colombian Army, Navy, and Air Force.
The Astronautics RoadRunner EFI, designed as a drop-in replacement with minimal wiring changes, is the fastest and most cost-effective way to upgrade from existing attitude direction and horizontal situation indicators to modern EFI system functionality. The display provides flight crews with enhanced safety, reduced maintenance and replacement costs, and minimal downtime for installation.
Additionally, the EFI will include Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS) and Synthetic Vision System (SVS).
“The RoadRunner EFI has been designed specifically for the long-term needs of our helicopter customers and the demanding environments in which they operate,” said RoadRunner EFI Program Manager Shawn Weilep. “RoadRunner is a cost-effective/low-downtime solution that will help modernize electromechanical cockpits while enhancing flight safety.”
Astronautics’ RoadRunner EFI will be available to customers in the fourth quarter of 2017. Dealer networks have been established worldwide to sell and install the product.
- Northern HeliCopter Secures HEMS Contract for German Offshore Wind Farms
- First use with DRF Luftrettung EpiShuttle for Civil Air Ambulance
- Kopter officially joins Leonardo Helicopters
- Coulson Aviation expand helicopter firefighting ops in Australia
- FlightSafety delivers the ground school portion of LiveLearning training system
- Second charity helicopter air ambulance launched in Scotland
- COVID-19 – Airbus recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of their helicopters
- STARS announce winners of 2020 Alberta Lottery
- Boeing Delivers First CH-47F Chinook to Royal Netherlands Air Force
- COVID-19 – CHC adapt AW139s with all approvals completed inside two weeks
- HeliRussia postponed to the autumn
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements