Astronautics Corporation of America’s newest display product—the AFI 4700 RoadRunner electronic flight instrument (EFI)—flew onboard a Bell 212 helicopter yesterday during a demonstration flight with the Colombian National Police.
The RoadRunner EFI will remain installed in the helicopter’s cockpit and be available for viewing on static display during the Feria de la Industria Aerospacial Colombiana (FIAC) in Bogota, May 25-27. Following the FIAC show, the Colombian National Police will continue RoadRunner EFI evaluation flights with the Colombian Army, Navy, and Air Force.
The Astronautics RoadRunner EFI, designed as a drop-in replacement with minimal wiring changes, is the fastest and most cost-effective way to upgrade from existing attitude direction and horizontal situation indicators to modern EFI system functionality. The display provides flight crews with enhanced safety, reduced maintenance and replacement costs, and minimal downtime for installation.
Additionally, the EFI will include Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS) and Synthetic Vision System (SVS).
“The RoadRunner EFI has been designed specifically for the long-term needs of our helicopter customers and the demanding environments in which they operate,” said RoadRunner EFI Program Manager Shawn Weilep. “RoadRunner is a cost-effective/low-downtime solution that will help modernize electromechanical cockpits while enhancing flight safety.”
Astronautics’ RoadRunner EFI will be available to customers in the fourth quarter of 2017. Dealer networks have been established worldwide to sell and install the product.
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support