Astronautics Corporation of America’s newest display product—the AFI 4700 RoadRunner electronic flight instrument (EFI)—flew onboard a Bell 212 helicopter yesterday during a demonstration flight with the Colombian National Police.
The RoadRunner EFI will remain installed in the helicopter’s cockpit and be available for viewing on static display during the Feria de la Industria Aerospacial Colombiana (FIAC) in Bogota, May 25-27. Following the FIAC show, the Colombian National Police will continue RoadRunner EFI evaluation flights with the Colombian Army, Navy, and Air Force.
The Astronautics RoadRunner EFI, designed as a drop-in replacement with minimal wiring changes, is the fastest and most cost-effective way to upgrade from existing attitude direction and horizontal situation indicators to modern EFI system functionality. The display provides flight crews with enhanced safety, reduced maintenance and replacement costs, and minimal downtime for installation.
Additionally, the EFI will include Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS) and Synthetic Vision System (SVS).
“The RoadRunner EFI has been designed specifically for the long-term needs of our helicopter customers and the demanding environments in which they operate,” said RoadRunner EFI Program Manager Shawn Weilep. “RoadRunner is a cost-effective/low-downtime solution that will help modernize electromechanical cockpits while enhancing flight safety.”
Astronautics’ RoadRunner EFI will be available to customers in the fourth quarter of 2017. Dealer networks have been established worldwide to sell and install the product.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO