L3 WESCAM announced today the launch of its MatriX™ ISR system solutions kits for fixed- and rotary-wing platforms. L3’s MatriX kits combine a series of best-in-class Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) technologies that provide an advanced level of ISR mission capabilities in airborne platforms that have traditionally conducted missions without them. The kits offer a low-cost, low-risk approach to extending the mission portfolio of defense and security customers who need to add ISR capability to an existing platform with the ability to easily revert to the platform’s original state, as required.
L3 will be on-site and showcasing its MatriX ISR solutions for the UH-60 and C-130 platforms at the Special Operations Forces Industry Conference (SOFIC) in Tampa, Florida, May 15–18.
“L3 has been an integrator of turnkey ISR systems for several years, having designed and implemented innovative solutions for significant platforms, including the CH-146 Griffon, the AS355 and U.S. Coast Guard C-130s for the CASPER program,” said Jeff Miller, President of L3’s Sensor Systems business segment. “Although we are now formally launching the MatriX brand, we have been working closely with our customers for years, creating custom ISR systems that meet the operational needs of their respective platforms efficiently and affordably.”
“By integrating fundamental technologies into a streamlined kit, our MatriX solutions can be used to easily convert platforms such as the UH-60 utility Black Hawk and C-130 cargo carrier for ISR missions and then revert them to their original configurations in just a few hours,” said Mike Greenley, President of L3 WESCAM. “The kits contain qualified subsystems and have proven to be a low-cost, low-risk means of adding a significant level of ISR capability – without affecting traditional mission roles.”
Included in each MatriX kit is an MX™-Series imaging or targeting turret – configured for ISR missions – in addition to a removable console in a compact walk-on/walk-off, or larger, palletized roll-on/roll-off orientation. L3’s MatriX kits are built to address the mission and technology requirements determined by the customer while incorporating the unique cabling and mounting requirements of the host platform.
L3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.WESCAM.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L3 Technologies employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide and is a leading provider of a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military, homeland security and commercial platforms. L3 is also a prime contractor in aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training. The company reported 2016 sales of $10.5 billion. To learn more about L3, please visit the company’s website at www.L3T.com.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment