Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, is featuring a prototype of an unmanned tiltrotor created by VR-Technologies design bureau, at the 10th International Helicopter Industry Exhibition HeliRussia-2017.
The prototype of the UAV was first shown at the Army-2016 International Military Technical Forum in September 2016, after subsequently the tiltrotor was retrofitted with a control system for rotary power units and tested at semi-simulation stands.
The Russian Helicopters stand at HeliRussia is featuring the prototype, which is currently undergoing flight tests. To date, flying and hovering tests in a copter mode have been fully completed, and automatic control systems are being tested at a stand for flights in the airplane mode. The first stage of the tests will be completed within two months. As a result, the UAV will be finalized – it will be equipped with a hybrid power unit, which will increase its flight range and duration.
“In the future, the unmanned tiltrotor will be used for remote monitoring and diagnostics of various objects, for transporting small loads to hard-to-reach places, as well as for geodetic and cartographic work. Currently, negotiations are underway with operators of the Northern Sea Route, oil and gas pipelines and power lines. Moreover, the technical concept of the UAV was developed in coordination with these companies,” said the CEO of VR-Technologies Alexander Okhonko.
By the fourth quarter of 2017 the tiltrotor will enter the second stage of testing, during which it will be tested in various flight modes, weather conditions and target payload elements. Mass production is tentatively scheduled for the end of 2018.
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted