The Helicopter Flight Training Center, a Metro Aviation company, has expanded its international reach to New Zealand. The Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand recognized and approved the new EC145 Level D simulator training provided to HeliOtago, the country’s largest helicopter operator based at Taieri Airfield in Mosgiel, Otago. Authorities from the FAA, Argentina and Canada have also certified the simulator.
Representatives from HeliOtago were recently at the training center in Shreveport to spend time in the simulator in an effort to get approval for a HeliOtago EC145 training course. “To say we got a lot out of the training is a huge understatement,” said Chief Pilot Grant Withers.
“We are pleased to provide the training resources to our colleagues in New Zealand,” said Training Center Director Terry Palmer. “Safety plays an important part in their training culture and we are happy to assist them.” The Helicopter Flight Training Center also provides training resources to operators in Brazil, Columbia, Peru and India, as well as several domestic organizations.
The FlightSafety International simulator, developed with the assistance of Metro Aviation, is first Level D full motion simulator for the EC145 in North America.
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation
- COVID-19 – Rotorcorp COVID-19 Virus Status & Response
- Helitech World Expo (ex Vertical Flight Expo) picks April 2021 dates
- COVID-19 – British helicopter industry steps up – but still needs more help
- Maryland State Police mark 50 years of medevac flights
- Shady Cove airport opens new helipad