The Helicopter Flight Training Center, a Metro Aviation company, has expanded its international reach to New Zealand. The Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand recognized and approved the new EC145 Level D simulator training provided to HeliOtago, the country’s largest helicopter operator based at Taieri Airfield in Mosgiel, Otago. Authorities from the FAA, Argentina and Canada have also certified the simulator.
Representatives from HeliOtago were recently at the training center in Shreveport to spend time in the simulator in an effort to get approval for a HeliOtago EC145 training course. “To say we got a lot out of the training is a huge understatement,” said Chief Pilot Grant Withers.
“We are pleased to provide the training resources to our colleagues in New Zealand,” said Training Center Director Terry Palmer. “Safety plays an important part in their training culture and we are happy to assist them.” The Helicopter Flight Training Center also provides training resources to operators in Brazil, Columbia, Peru and India, as well as several domestic organizations.
The FlightSafety International simulator, developed with the assistance of Metro Aviation, is first Level D full motion simulator for the EC145 in North America.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee