The Helicopter Flight Training Center, a Metro Aviation company, has expanded its international reach to New Zealand. The Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand recognized and approved the new EC145 Level D simulator training provided to HeliOtago, the country’s largest helicopter operator based at Taieri Airfield in Mosgiel, Otago. Authorities from the FAA, Argentina and Canada have also certified the simulator.
Representatives from HeliOtago were recently at the training center in Shreveport to spend time in the simulator in an effort to get approval for a HeliOtago EC145 training course. “To say we got a lot out of the training is a huge understatement,” said Chief Pilot Grant Withers.
“We are pleased to provide the training resources to our colleagues in New Zealand,” said Training Center Director Terry Palmer. “Safety plays an important part in their training culture and we are happy to assist them.” The Helicopter Flight Training Center also provides training resources to operators in Brazil, Columbia, Peru and India, as well as several domestic organizations.
The FlightSafety International simulator, developed with the assistance of Metro Aviation, is first Level D full motion simulator for the EC145 in North America.
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- PHi report on results for the year to 31 December 2018
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- Hensoldt enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5