The Helicopter Flight Training Center, a Metro Aviation company, has expanded its international reach to New Zealand. The Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand recognized and approved the new EC145 Level D simulator training provided to HeliOtago, the country’s largest helicopter operator based at Taieri Airfield in Mosgiel, Otago. Authorities from the FAA, Argentina and Canada have also certified the simulator.
Representatives from HeliOtago were recently at the training center in Shreveport to spend time in the simulator in an effort to get approval for a HeliOtago EC145 training course. “To say we got a lot out of the training is a huge understatement,” said Chief Pilot Grant Withers.
“We are pleased to provide the training resources to our colleagues in New Zealand,” said Training Center Director Terry Palmer. “Safety plays an important part in their training culture and we are happy to assist them.” The Helicopter Flight Training Center also provides training resources to operators in Brazil, Columbia, Peru and India, as well as several domestic organizations.
The FlightSafety International simulator, developed with the assistance of Metro Aviation, is first Level D full motion simulator for the EC145 in North America.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International