According to a new amendment of the contract, Aero Vodochody will produce cockpits for Black Hawks at least until year 2023.
Aero Vodochody produces fully equipped cockpits for UH-60M Black Hawk helicopters since 2011. “The Black Hawk program is one of the strategic programs in our aerostructures production. The extension of the contract for five more years is a sign of our reliability and also of our strong relationship with our customer”, said Giuseppe Giordo, president of Aero Vodochody.
Aero delivers the Black Hawk cockpits as a dual-source to Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, which belongs to Lockheed Martin group. By the end of May 2017, Aero delivered 240 cockpits for UH-60M. Aero and Sikorsky cooperate also on S-76 program, where Aero produces whole helicopter airframe ready for installation of dynamic parts. These programs are demonstration of capabilities of Aero in helicopter production.
In the international cooperation, Aero profiles itself as a risk-sharing partner to main aerospace companies and collaborates for example with Embraer on KC-390 program and with Bombardier on CSeries aircraft program. In the future, Aero – the biggest Czech aircraft manufacturer would like to extend its production in helicopter sector.
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate