Astronautics Corporation of America announced that it will provide its newest connectivity platform, the Astronautics Air Ground Communications System (AGCS), to Airbus Helicopters as a connectivity solution for the original equipment manufacturer’s production helicopters. Airbus Helicopters is the largest supplier of turbine helicopters to the rotorcraft market.
The Astronautics AGCS system consists of an airborne server, wireless communications module, remote media device, and ground server software creating a complete air-to-ground, modular data transmission system. The system is expected to qualify by the end of 2018.
Airbus Helicopter operators will benefit in many ways from the AGCS, including: 1) secure protection of critical avionics from non-authorized access through implementation of a modern cybersecurity framework; 2) wireless access to operational and maintenance data in flight and on the ground; 3) capability to send and receive data through a variety of communication channels; and 4) the ability to store and retrieve hundreds of hours of operational data within the system.
“The Astronautics AGCS will provide Airbus Helicopters a connectivity solution designed specifically for helicopters with the latest certification regulations [Data Security CRI],” said Astronautics President Chad Cundiff. “Helicopter operators will realize enhanced operational and safety benefits through real-time data access. Plus, the AGCS’ modular design and upgradeability will ensure the system can rapidly evolve to provide operators the latest, state-of-the-art digital innovation.”
To learn more about the AGCS and its capabilities, visit Astronautics at the Paris Air Show, Hall 4, Booth F18, June 19-22.
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support