Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 Unmanned Air System (UAS) once again convinced with its outstanding maritime capability when successfully completing qualification flights for the French Navy from 29 May to 3 June 2017.
The flight trials were performed from the deck of the Bâtiment de Projection et de Commandement (BPC) Dixmude, the newest of the French Navy’s three Mistral class amphibious assault ships. The French fleet is currently undergoing a modernization process within which Schiebel participates in flight trials in order to confirm the Ship Helicopter Operating Limits (SHOL) and to qualify the CAMCOPTER® S-100’s integration onto the BPC.
During the flight demonstrations in the Western Mediterranean the CAMCOPTER® S-100 conducted around 30 takeoffs and landings within a total of 15 flight hours during day and night. A L3 Wescam’s MX-10 was used to transmit daylight and infrared data. Throughout the trials the system was operated independently by the French Navy CEPA/10s crew.
As in previous deployments for the French customer, here again Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 – with its small footprint and exceptional capability – successfully proved to be a highly valuable asset for demanding maritime operations.
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role
- Kaman to Deliver K-MAX® to Helicopter Express In 2019
- Inmarsat launches broadband solution for helicopters
- Shetland Coastguard team win UK award
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Golden Hour Award
- Safran Ardiden 1U engine obtains EASA certification
- Air Methods Celebrates the Accomplishments of Tulsa LifeFlight
- Alberta puts stop to firefighters rappelling from helicopters
- Port of Mangalore adds helipad for cruise ship services
- 10-Nov-19 N827MW Sikorsky S58 Lebanon, US-Indiana