As the public might be aware, effective April 25th, 2017, to conduct operations under FAR Part 135 using a Robinson R44, an operator had to get the aircraft equipped with a “Radio Altimeter”.
On June 5th, 2017 the FAA published Change 527 to 8900.1 (Part A Operations Specification) this change effectively extended the compliance date for the Robinson R44 to October 24th, 2018.
If you wish to take advantage of the above extended compliance date and delay the equipping of your aircraft with a “Radio Altimeter” and be able to continue operations under FAR Part 135 you must still apply for a “Letter of Deviation Authority” per OpSpec A160.
This LoD Authority allows you to operate without a Radar Altimeter for Part 135 operations until October 24, 2018 or until your Radio Altimeter is installed, whichever occurs sooner.
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted