St. David’s Georgetown Hospital announced today the opening of a new helipad and the completion of its parking lot expansion, which includes 81 additional spaces.
A new helipad will save time in transporting critical patients to and from St. David’s Georgetown Hospital. The additional parking spaces are necessary to meet the growth in volume of patients and employees.
“We have patients from all over the state transported via air ambulance to St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, and a new helipad will allow us to better serve critically ill or injured patients,” Hugh Brown, chief executive officer of St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, said.
The helipad and additional parking are among the latest capital investments for St. David’s Georgetown Hospital. In February, the hospital completed renovations to the emergency department, which included five additional treatment spaces.
In November 2016, St. David’s Georgetown Hospital completed the construction of a new driveway and signs along I-35 to provide improved, more visible access to the hospital for emergency vehicles, patients and employees.
St. David’s HealthCare continues to invest in capital improvements in Georgetown—one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S.—to meet the need for high quality healthcare close to home.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™