St. David’s Georgetown Hospital announced today the opening of a new helipad and the completion of its parking lot expansion, which includes 81 additional spaces.
A new helipad will save time in transporting critical patients to and from St. David’s Georgetown Hospital. The additional parking spaces are necessary to meet the growth in volume of patients and employees.
“We have patients from all over the state transported via air ambulance to St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, and a new helipad will allow us to better serve critically ill or injured patients,” Hugh Brown, chief executive officer of St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, said.
The helipad and additional parking are among the latest capital investments for St. David’s Georgetown Hospital. In February, the hospital completed renovations to the emergency department, which included five additional treatment spaces.
In November 2016, St. David’s Georgetown Hospital completed the construction of a new driveway and signs along I-35 to provide improved, more visible access to the hospital for emergency vehicles, patients and employees.
St. David’s HealthCare continues to invest in capital improvements in Georgetown—one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S.—to meet the need for high quality healthcare close to home.
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Universal Helicopters closes its doors after almost 60 years of operations
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s