The French Gendarmerie Nationale is replacing its trust in Airbus Helicopters’ EC145 with the purchase of an additional aircraft to be delivered in 2018. The aircraft will be delivered in the same configuration as the existing Gendarmerie fleet, with mission equipment notably including a hoist, search light, sling, and specific radios. Fourteen EC145s are currently being operated by the Gendarmerie Nationale for their critical law enforcement and public services missions.
“The EC145 is an important asset to the Gendarmerie Nationale” said Colonel Emmanuel Sillon, head of the Gendarmerie Nationale Air Forces. “Thanks to the global service solution provided by Airbus Helicopters, our fleet has reached 80% percent availability rate which allows us to ensure our missions 24/7 in the most challenging conditions”, he added.
“We are pleased that the Gendarmerie Nationale has renewed its trust in the EC145 and that our global service solution has been contributing, since the end of 2015, to the performance of the of highly valuable and critical missions performed by our customer’s EC145 fleet” said Alexandra Cros, head of Sales for France at Airbus Helicopters.
The EC145, a medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter, incorporates Airbus Helicopters’ advanced cockpit design, avionics and a sophisticated electrical system. The aircraft is a member of the H145 family, which today has logged more than 4.3 million flight hours with its fleet of around 1,250 aircraft worldwide.
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials in Finland
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent