The French Gendarmerie Nationale is replacing its trust in Airbus Helicopters’ EC145 with the purchase of an additional aircraft to be delivered in 2018. The aircraft will be delivered in the same configuration as the existing Gendarmerie fleet, with mission equipment notably including a hoist, search light, sling, and specific radios. Fourteen EC145s are currently being operated by the Gendarmerie Nationale for their critical law enforcement and public services missions.
“The EC145 is an important asset to the Gendarmerie Nationale” said Colonel Emmanuel Sillon, head of the Gendarmerie Nationale Air Forces. “Thanks to the global service solution provided by Airbus Helicopters, our fleet has reached 80% percent availability rate which allows us to ensure our missions 24/7 in the most challenging conditions”, he added.
“We are pleased that the Gendarmerie Nationale has renewed its trust in the EC145 and that our global service solution has been contributing, since the end of 2015, to the performance of the of highly valuable and critical missions performed by our customer’s EC145 fleet” said Alexandra Cros, head of Sales for France at Airbus Helicopters.
The EC145, a medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter, incorporates Airbus Helicopters’ advanced cockpit design, avionics and a sophisticated electrical system. The aircraft is a member of the H145 family, which today has logged more than 4.3 million flight hours with its fleet of around 1,250 aircraft worldwide.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator