The French Gendarmerie Nationale is replacing its trust in Airbus Helicopters’ EC145 with the purchase of an additional aircraft to be delivered in 2018. The aircraft will be delivered in the same configuration as the existing Gendarmerie fleet, with mission equipment notably including a hoist, search light, sling, and specific radios. Fourteen EC145s are currently being operated by the Gendarmerie Nationale for their critical law enforcement and public services missions.
“The EC145 is an important asset to the Gendarmerie Nationale” said Colonel Emmanuel Sillon, head of the Gendarmerie Nationale Air Forces. “Thanks to the global service solution provided by Airbus Helicopters, our fleet has reached 80% percent availability rate which allows us to ensure our missions 24/7 in the most challenging conditions”, he added.
“We are pleased that the Gendarmerie Nationale has renewed its trust in the EC145 and that our global service solution has been contributing, since the end of 2015, to the performance of the of highly valuable and critical missions performed by our customer’s EC145 fleet” said Alexandra Cros, head of Sales for France at Airbus Helicopters.
The EC145, a medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter, incorporates Airbus Helicopters’ advanced cockpit design, avionics and a sophisticated electrical system. The aircraft is a member of the H145 family, which today has logged more than 4.3 million flight hours with its fleet of around 1,250 aircraft worldwide.
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas