The French Gendarmerie Nationale is replacing its trust in Airbus Helicopters’ EC145 with the purchase of an additional aircraft to be delivered in 2018. The aircraft will be delivered in the same configuration as the existing Gendarmerie fleet, with mission equipment notably including a hoist, search light, sling, and specific radios. Fourteen EC145s are currently being operated by the Gendarmerie Nationale for their critical law enforcement and public services missions.
“The EC145 is an important asset to the Gendarmerie Nationale” said Colonel Emmanuel Sillon, head of the Gendarmerie Nationale Air Forces. “Thanks to the global service solution provided by Airbus Helicopters, our fleet has reached 80% percent availability rate which allows us to ensure our missions 24/7 in the most challenging conditions”, he added.
“We are pleased that the Gendarmerie Nationale has renewed its trust in the EC145 and that our global service solution has been contributing, since the end of 2015, to the performance of the of highly valuable and critical missions performed by our customer’s EC145 fleet” said Alexandra Cros, head of Sales for France at Airbus Helicopters.
The EC145, a medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter, incorporates Airbus Helicopters’ advanced cockpit design, avionics and a sophisticated electrical system. The aircraft is a member of the H145 family, which today has logged more than 4.3 million flight hours with its fleet of around 1,250 aircraft worldwide.
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate
- UK MoD details Sea King asbestos risk – and how to claim
- Schiebel doubles Camcopter S-100 production capacity
- Aspen Avionics Names Vice President of Operations
- Association of Air Ambulances Charity relaunches as Air Ambulances UK
- Arts Council renews Helicopter Museum Accreditation
- Able Breaks Ground on Major Mesa
- Donaldson appoints Account Executive for Rotorcraft
- BLADE Launches Urban Air Mobility Pilot Program
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- AAMS responds to CNN article on air ambulance pricing
- Saskatchewan renews 10 year STARS funding contract
- Managing Director at Babcock and HeliOffshore board member shares thoughts on safety
- Garmin® awarded supplier of the year by Airbus Helicopters
- UK AAIB Bulletin – December 2018
- Nepalese Army receives Bell 407GXP