The Kuwait forces has signed a contract for the purchase of 30 multirole Caracal H225M helicopters (24 for the Kuwait Air Force and 6 for the Kuwait National Guard) in order to carry out combat search and rescue duties, transport and ground support missions. To meet the pilots and crews’ hands-on training needs, Thales will supply a Reality H Full Flight Mission Simulator (FFMS) as well as two trainer stations for flight procedures and tactical training.
Thanks to the Reality H Full Flight Mission Simulator, pilots will receive training – in a realistic tactical visual environment – in normal navigation procedures, instrument flight, how to handle failures and emergency procedures, which cannot be easily accomplished on real helicopters. The communication systems, weapons and self-protection systems, as well as the in-flight refueling function, are identical to those of the real helicopter, to ensure pilots are trained as in real-life conditions.
Installed on the ground, the training stations will provide initial training in flight procedures for new pilots, and tactical training for captains and crews. Thanks to the interoperability capacity, the two training stations and the Full Flight Mission Simulator can be networked for collective training exercises and to prepare the crews for complex missions.
This contract also covers the maintenance of the simulators in operational conditions for at least three years.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf