The Kuwait forces has signed a contract for the purchase of 30 multirole Caracal H225M helicopters (24 for the Kuwait Air Force and 6 for the Kuwait National Guard) in order to carry out combat search and rescue duties, transport and ground support missions. To meet the pilots and crews’ hands-on training needs, Thales will supply a Reality H Full Flight Mission Simulator (FFMS) as well as two trainer stations for flight procedures and tactical training.
Thanks to the Reality H Full Flight Mission Simulator, pilots will receive training – in a realistic tactical visual environment – in normal navigation procedures, instrument flight, how to handle failures and emergency procedures, which cannot be easily accomplished on real helicopters. The communication systems, weapons and self-protection systems, as well as the in-flight refueling function, are identical to those of the real helicopter, to ensure pilots are trained as in real-life conditions.
Installed on the ground, the training stations will provide initial training in flight procedures for new pilots, and tactical training for captains and crews. Thanks to the interoperability capacity, the two training stations and the Full Flight Mission Simulator can be networked for collective training exercises and to prepare the crews for complex missions.
This contract also covers the maintenance of the simulators in operational conditions for at least three years.
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program