According to the Prabhu Helicopter official website, it had placed an order with Robinson Helicopter Company, CA, USA to procure brand new Turbine Robinson R66 on May, 2017 and the new helicopter is expected to arrive in Nepal by this September.
The company is planning to initiate its operation from Kathmandu to the near and popular destinations for tourist and also conduct medical evacuations. After the addition of brand new R66, Prabhu Helicopter will be the proud owner of three helicopter; one R44 and two R66s.
The company with its current base in the country’s most attractive city, Pokhara operates heli services such as helicopter scenic tours, aerial photography and filming, corporate tours, medi-vac services, search and rescue services and honeymoon packages.
According to the Robinson Helicopter Company, The five-seat R66 Turbine helicopter is reliable, economical and easy to maintain. R66s have a two-bladed rotor system, T-bar cyclic and the latest in Robinson technology including streamlined instrument panels, energy absorbing seats and crashworthy bladder fuel tanks. What distinguishes the R66 is a spacious 300 lb capacity baggage compartment and the Rolls Royce RR300 turboshaft engine. The RR300 engine operates on readily available Jet A fuel and offers increased reserve power, additional payload and improved altitude performance. Hydraulic controls eliminate feedback forces and provide responsive handling.
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)