Specialist Aviation Services is pleased to announce the addition of AW169 Type Rating courses to its portfolio of Leonardo Service Centre capabilities.
SAS has gained this approval as more AW169’s enter service both in the utility and VIP sectors. SAS is now supporting four AW169 air ambulances across the south of the UK as well as a number of privately owned aircraft operating locally and further across Europe.
The company, which employs two AW169 TRE/TRI’s, already has 24 AW169-trained pilots on its books.
Captain Jim Lynch, the SAS Head of Training said “As well as enabling us to train our own pilots in-house, the new approval means that we can offer type ratings to third parties wishing to operate the type for corporate and private use”.
This extra approval comes on top of the significant investment which SAS has made in its support capability since it became the UK’s AW169 launch customer in 2012.
As well as having the AW169 on its Part 145 maintenance approvals, the company also holds a CAMO approval and an extensive spares inventory at its Gloucestershire base. This is part of a unique support package set up with Leonardo Helicopters designed to maximise the serviceability of its air ambulances and other VIP customers’ helicopters.
SAS also continues to strengthen its team of base and field engineers and now employs a total of 18 AW169 rated engineers providing 24/7 base and field maintenance support in the UK and overseas. Its corporate maintenance facility opens at Redhill later this summer.
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight