Aspen Avionics announced that retired Marine Corps aviator and Aspen’s director of flight operations, James Buck is expanding his roles and responsibilities to include the position of regional sales manager for Aspen’s growing sales team. In his sales role, he will be responsible for the states of Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah.
As the director of flight operations, James remains responsible for managing Aspen’s flight test and sales aircraft fleet; ensuring pilot skills and qualifications are current for company employees; developing company flight test procedures; writing and executing flight test plans and working closely with FAA personnel for project certification.
“With over 4000 flight hours logged in a variety of fixed wing airplanes and rotorcraft, James brings a unique skill set and perspective to the Aspen Avionics sales organization,” said Mark Ferrari, vice president of sales and customer support.
“James brings a solid passion for aviation and for Aspen which shows anytime he engages with fellow pilots,” said Scott Smith, sales director. “We are fortunate to have him on our team.”
During his career in the Marine Corps, James was a helicopter aircraft commander flying the CH-53E Super Sea Stallion on multiple deployments to the Persian Gulf. Prior to retiring he trained new naval aviators in the T34C Turbo Mentor, the TC-12 (BE200) and T-44 (BE90). Among the many jobs spanning James’ military service, he also served a post depot maintenance test pilot for military training aircraft and the program manager of foreign military sales of VIP UH60 helicopters.
James earned both his private pilot and instrument ratings while attending the University of Illinois and his commercial and instructor ratings upon retirement from the Marine Corps. He owns and flies an Aspen-equipped Cirrus SR22. He is also an active member of the Cirrus Owners and Pilots Association, Angel Flight-South Central and the Veterans Airlift Command.
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria