Safran announces the first ground run of the Arriel 2L2 engine at its Bordes facility, beginning of June. The Arriel family was selected in 2016 to power the new Korean civil and military helicopters, known as the LCH (Light Civil Helicopter) and LAH (Light Armed Helicopter). The Arriel 2L2 is co-developed by Safran Helicopter Engines and Hanwha Techwin, which will license-produce units in its Changwon plant, South-Korea. Hanwha Techwin will also be responsible for the engine’s MRO.
Commented Nicolas Billecocq, Safran Helicopter Engines Vice President Light Helicopter Engines Program, “First Engine To Test is an important milestone in any engine program history. We look forward to next steps in the development of 2L2 and the LCH/LAH”.
Developed from the Arriel 2N, the 2L2 is the most powerful Arriel variant with a take-off power rating of 1024 shp. The Arriel 2L2 will deliver better reliability, power and performance during demanding missions. Certification is planned for late 2020 and entry into service for 2022.
The Arriel is the best-selling helicopter engine in its class. Over the past 40 years, over 12,000 units have been produced, together logging more than 46 million flight hours. With power outputs ranging from 650 to 1024 shp, the Arriel family now powers over 40 different helicopter types. Within its category, the Arriel is just as reliable as the CFM56.
An Arriel-powered helicopter takes off every 15 seconds – all day, every day.
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- HENSOLDT enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 opens in French city of Nîmes
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique