Safran announces the first ground run of the Arriel 2L2 engine at its Bordes facility, beginning of June. The Arriel family was selected in 2016 to power the new Korean civil and military helicopters, known as the LCH (Light Civil Helicopter) and LAH (Light Armed Helicopter). The Arriel 2L2 is co-developed by Safran Helicopter Engines and Hanwha Techwin, which will license-produce units in its Changwon plant, South-Korea. Hanwha Techwin will also be responsible for the engine’s MRO.
Commented Nicolas Billecocq, Safran Helicopter Engines Vice President Light Helicopter Engines Program, “First Engine To Test is an important milestone in any engine program history. We look forward to next steps in the development of 2L2 and the LCH/LAH”.
Developed from the Arriel 2N, the 2L2 is the most powerful Arriel variant with a take-off power rating of 1024 shp. The Arriel 2L2 will deliver better reliability, power and performance during demanding missions. Certification is planned for late 2020 and entry into service for 2022.
The Arriel is the best-selling helicopter engine in its class. Over the past 40 years, over 12,000 units have been produced, together logging more than 46 million flight hours. With power outputs ranging from 650 to 1024 shp, the Arriel family now powers over 40 different helicopter types. Within its category, the Arriel is just as reliable as the CFM56.
An Arriel-powered helicopter takes off every 15 seconds – all day, every day.
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey