Vector Aerospace Corporation (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has received a 2016 Boeing Performance Excellence Award for its support of the Chinook heavy-lift helicopter. Boeing issues the award annually to recognize top-performing suppliers who share its focus on first-time quality and on-time delivery.
Vector’s component services team, based in Almondbank, Perth, received the award for maintaining a Gold performance rating for each month of the one-year performance period, from October 1st, 2015, to September 30th, 2016.
Owen McClave, Managing Director for Vector Aerospace UK said, “We are honored to be formally recognised by Boeing, the world’s largest aerospace company, for our efforts in supporting the Chinook platform. Our facilities have been supporting the UK Royal Air Force’s Chinook operations for 35 years, including 11 years as a subcontractor to Boeing on the Through Life Customer Support contract, and we also serve a number of major international Chinook operators on a subcontract basis. We are proud to have met Boeing’s expectations on a program that is today the focus of our operations, and look forward to continuing our close partnership with Boeing for decades to come.”
Boeing this year recognized 480 of its 13,000 global suppliers with a Gold- or Silver-level Performance Excellence Award, Vector being one of only 78 suppliers to receive the Gold level of recognition.
Vector’s UK-based Chinook support teams had previously received Boeing Gold Performance Excellence Award recognition in 2014, 2010 and 2009. In 2011, Vector was recognized as Boeing’s Supplier of the Year in the Alliance Award Category.
Vector is proud to support Boeing and its end customer, the UK Ministry of Defence, as a subcontractor on the 34-year Chinook Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) contract. Vector provides airframe, avionics and component support for the Royal Air Force’s fleet of sixty Chinook heavy-lift helicopters from its facilities in Fleetlands, Gosport and Almondbank, Perth.
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019