Vector Aerospace Corporation (www.vectoraerospace.com), a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, has received a 2016 Boeing Performance Excellence Award for its support of the Chinook heavy-lift helicopter. Boeing issues the award annually to recognize top-performing suppliers who share its focus on first-time quality and on-time delivery.
Vector’s component services team, based in Almondbank, Perth, received the award for maintaining a Gold performance rating for each month of the one-year performance period, from October 1st, 2015, to September 30th, 2016.
Owen McClave, Managing Director for Vector Aerospace UK said, “We are honored to be formally recognised by Boeing, the world’s largest aerospace company, for our efforts in supporting the Chinook platform. Our facilities have been supporting the UK Royal Air Force’s Chinook operations for 35 years, including 11 years as a subcontractor to Boeing on the Through Life Customer Support contract, and we also serve a number of major international Chinook operators on a subcontract basis. We are proud to have met Boeing’s expectations on a program that is today the focus of our operations, and look forward to continuing our close partnership with Boeing for decades to come.”
Boeing this year recognized 480 of its 13,000 global suppliers with a Gold- or Silver-level Performance Excellence Award, Vector being one of only 78 suppliers to receive the Gold level of recognition.
Vector’s UK-based Chinook support teams had previously received Boeing Gold Performance Excellence Award recognition in 2014, 2010 and 2009. In 2011, Vector was recognized as Boeing’s Supplier of the Year in the Alliance Award Category.
Vector is proud to support Boeing and its end customer, the UK Ministry of Defence, as a subcontractor on the 34-year Chinook Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) contract. Vector provides airframe, avionics and component support for the Royal Air Force’s fleet of sixty Chinook heavy-lift helicopters from its facilities in Fleetlands, Gosport and Almondbank, Perth.
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)