London’s Air Ambulance charity and Barts Health NHS Trust have appointed 11 consultants to join the service. This large investment to move to a consultant delivered service will ensure we are ready to deliver the future of advanced trauma care to London.
We are continually innovating ways to prevent unnecessary deaths from trauma, and procedures carried out before patients reach hospital are becoming more complex and challenging. So from the autumn, a consultant will be present on most critical missions, alongside the duty crew including doctor and paramedic, ensuring patients have the best possible care.
Commenting on the service enhancement, London’s Air Ambulance Medical Director, Dr Gareth Davies, said:
“To prevent death from severe injury requires increasingly complex treatments at the scene. Patients don’t just need more hands to treat the patient but seniority of staff is important as well, which is why we will add a consultant as standard to our duty crew.
“We are developing many initiatives to improve patient care and we need this enhanced team in place to deliver these. We have now appointed the consultants, whom I would like to congratulate on behalf of the service, and will be working with them and the wider team to get ready for the go live date in the autumn.”
The new group of Consultants, as with all doctors with the charity, will be employed by Barts Health NHS Trust, and the Paramedics by the London Ambulance Service.
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade