London’s Air Ambulance charity and Barts Health NHS Trust have appointed 11 consultants to join the service. This large investment to move to a consultant delivered service will ensure we are ready to deliver the future of advanced trauma care to London.
We are continually innovating ways to prevent unnecessary deaths from trauma, and procedures carried out before patients reach hospital are becoming more complex and challenging. So from the autumn, a consultant will be present on most critical missions, alongside the duty crew including doctor and paramedic, ensuring patients have the best possible care.
Commenting on the service enhancement, London’s Air Ambulance Medical Director, Dr Gareth Davies, said:
“To prevent death from severe injury requires increasingly complex treatments at the scene. Patients don’t just need more hands to treat the patient but seniority of staff is important as well, which is why we will add a consultant as standard to our duty crew.
“We are developing many initiatives to improve patient care and we need this enhanced team in place to deliver these. We have now appointed the consultants, whom I would like to congratulate on behalf of the service, and will be working with them and the wider team to get ready for the go live date in the autumn.”
The new group of Consultants, as with all doctors with the charity, will be employed by Barts Health NHS Trust, and the Paramedics by the London Ambulance Service.
- MD to Feature Fresno Sheriff MD530F and MD530G Block II at Heli-Expo 2020
- Rotortrade Selects Heli-One To Perform Two H225 Return-to-Service
- Collins Aerospace promotes Goodrich rescue hoist on S70 Firehawk
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Aviation Search Group Adds Two New Managing Directors to Support Growth
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- StandardAero and Thales Announce Launch Customer for new H125 Autopilot System
- Applied Video Imaging Extends Product Warranty to 3 Years
- ITT Enidine Showcasing Innovative Rotorcraft Solutions at Heli-Expo
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- NHV Group and Tropical Arctic Logistics sign Strategic Teaming Agreement
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Introduces New HEC Products for Bell 206L & MD500
- Astronautics Adds New Enhancements To RoadRunner EFI
- Robinson Newscopters Deliver News
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- Airwolf Aerospace and True Blue Power Announce New Lithium-ion Main Ship Battery STCs
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Bucher presents its newest multi-mission HEMS at Heli-Expo 2020
- Astronautics Readies Its Airborne Communication System for Various Airbus Platforms