United Helicopters International Group, the authorized distributor of Russian Helicopters holding in China has signed an agreement to supply 3 medical helicopters to Beijing 999 Emergency Rescue Center.
Due to agreement signed on 17 July in Beijing, the Emergency Rescue Center, that is a subsidiary of Beijing Red Cross Foundation, will receive two Ansat helicopters and one MI-171 helicopter in EMS version. Rotorcrafts are to be used for medical and rescue operations during Winter Olympic Games 2022 in China.
”The medevac Ansat has a number of competitive advantages over rivals in its class. First of all, it requires less operational, training and maintenance expenses. In addition, it can maintain high speed, which allows use in long-range trips. In the near future, the helicopters will start performing its main task — saving human lives, and our company, in its turn, will exert best efforts to develop and expand medical aviation fleet in China” – said Li Xuefeng, Managing Director of United Helicopters.
Ansat – light twin-engine multipurpose helicopter with hydromechanical control system (HMSU). In May 2015, the helicopter with medical module was certified and it meets all international standards of medical aviation and allows saving a person’s life within the period of transportation.
Medical Ansat has a number of serious competitive advantages over counterparts in the class. First of all, it is low cost for maintenance, training and repair. In addition, the helicopter has a high speed, which allows it to be used for flights over long distances. According to the certificate, the interior of the helicopter can be transformed between cargo and passenger versions with the possibility of transporting up to 7 people within one hour.
Mi-171 helicopter has a long history of exploitation in China. The helicopter is used for passenger transportation and people evacuation from the disaster zones, as well as for transportation of various goods, including medical supplies, humanitarian aid and construction materials.
In early 2017, Russian Helicopters signed an agreement with the United Helicopters International Group, according to which the company became the official distributor of Russian-made helicopters in the markets of Greater China, Malaysia and Australia.
China is Russia’s reliable partner in the helicopter industry and also is a major operator of Russian helicopters in the Asia-Pacific region. The Chinese market has been showing its stable growth and demand for reliable, multipurpose helicopters of various types.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report