Airbus Helicopters Inc. has delivered a new H130 to Hospital Wing, a Memphis, Tenn.-based nonprofit air medical transport service, which will join three H130s already in service.
The acquisition is part of Hospital Wing’s long-term strategy to transition its entire fleet to this helicopter model. The nonprofit also currently operates three EC130B4s, which is an earlier model, in addition to three H125s.
“We chose to standardize on the H130 for its large cabin size, excellent safety features and strong service record,” John Butora, CEO of Hospital Wing. “The H130 has really met our expectations and is the perfect fit for our mission.”
Hospital Wing serves a consortium of Mid-South area hospitals. It operates from five bases, serving 27 hospitals and providing service to residents within a 250-mile radius of Memphis, which includes West Tennessee and parts of Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Alabama and Kentucky.
Six of the nine helicopters are staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Hospital Wing transports an average of 250 patients a month, 35 percent of whom are trauma patients.
“We’re proud to support Hospital Wing as it continues to transition its fleet to the H130. The H130 is an economical, high-performance helicopter that allows medical operators to provide the highest quality care to critically ill and injured patients,” stated Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters Inc.
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk