Airbus Helicopters Inc. has delivered a new H130 to Hospital Wing, a Memphis, Tenn.-based nonprofit air medical transport service, which will join three H130s already in service.
The acquisition is part of Hospital Wing’s long-term strategy to transition its entire fleet to this helicopter model. The nonprofit also currently operates three EC130B4s, which is an earlier model, in addition to three H125s.
“We chose to standardize on the H130 for its large cabin size, excellent safety features and strong service record,” John Butora, CEO of Hospital Wing. “The H130 has really met our expectations and is the perfect fit for our mission.”
Hospital Wing serves a consortium of Mid-South area hospitals. It operates from five bases, serving 27 hospitals and providing service to residents within a 250-mile radius of Memphis, which includes West Tennessee and parts of Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Alabama and Kentucky.
Six of the nine helicopters are staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Hospital Wing transports an average of 250 patients a month, 35 percent of whom are trauma patients.
“We’re proud to support Hospital Wing as it continues to transition its fleet to the H130. The H130 is an economical, high-performance helicopter that allows medical operators to provide the highest quality care to critically ill and injured patients,” stated Treg Manning, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Airbus Helicopters Inc.
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform