Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI) today announced that Transport Canada has certified its Inlet Barrier Filters (IBFs) for installation on Airbus AS350 B3, EC130 B4, and EC130 T2 helicopters.
The IBFs keep contamination, including dirt, dust, salt and foreign objects, from degrading the performance and reliability of helicopter engines. Barrier filter technology applied to turbine engine inlets also has the potential to provide substantial return on investment for operators, along with needed performance improvements on many platforms. In most cases, turbine engine components are life-limited parts, but without advanced filtration seldom reach their design life.
“These helicopters are doing important work across the country,” said Matt Fortuna, general manager of Donaldson Aerospace & Defense. “Donaldson is proud to make superior IBF engine protection available to more Canadian operators.”
Donaldson offers 16 Transport Canada certified filtration systems for a range of Airbus, AgustaWestland, Bell, MD Helicopters and Sikorsky helicopters; 14 are certified to operate in falling and blowing snow conditions.
A range of oiled and dry media IBFs will be on display July 24-29 in Donaldson exhibit 376 during the Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA) Conference and Expo in Reno, Nev.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics