Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI) today announced that Transport Canada has certified its Inlet Barrier Filters (IBFs) for installation on Airbus AS350 B3, EC130 B4, and EC130 T2 helicopters.
The IBFs keep contamination, including dirt, dust, salt and foreign objects, from degrading the performance and reliability of helicopter engines. Barrier filter technology applied to turbine engine inlets also has the potential to provide substantial return on investment for operators, along with needed performance improvements on many platforms. In most cases, turbine engine components are life-limited parts, but without advanced filtration seldom reach their design life.
“These helicopters are doing important work across the country,” said Matt Fortuna, general manager of Donaldson Aerospace & Defense. “Donaldson is proud to make superior IBF engine protection available to more Canadian operators.”
Donaldson offers 16 Transport Canada certified filtration systems for a range of Airbus, AgustaWestland, Bell, MD Helicopters and Sikorsky helicopters; 14 are certified to operate in falling and blowing snow conditions.
A range of oiled and dry media IBFs will be on display July 24-29 in Donaldson exhibit 376 during the Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA) Conference and Expo in Reno, Nev.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report