Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI) today announced that Transport Canada has certified its Inlet Barrier Filters (IBFs) for installation on Airbus AS350 B3, EC130 B4, and EC130 T2 helicopters.
The IBFs keep contamination, including dirt, dust, salt and foreign objects, from degrading the performance and reliability of helicopter engines. Barrier filter technology applied to turbine engine inlets also has the potential to provide substantial return on investment for operators, along with needed performance improvements on many platforms. In most cases, turbine engine components are life-limited parts, but without advanced filtration seldom reach their design life.
“These helicopters are doing important work across the country,” said Matt Fortuna, general manager of Donaldson Aerospace & Defense. “Donaldson is proud to make superior IBF engine protection available to more Canadian operators.”
Donaldson offers 16 Transport Canada certified filtration systems for a range of Airbus, AgustaWestland, Bell, MD Helicopters and Sikorsky helicopters; 14 are certified to operate in falling and blowing snow conditions.
A range of oiled and dry media IBFs will be on display July 24-29 in Donaldson exhibit 376 during the Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA) Conference and Expo in Reno, Nev.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020