Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI) today announced that Transport Canada has certified its Inlet Barrier Filters (IBFs) for installation on Airbus AS350 B3, EC130 B4, and EC130 T2 helicopters.
The IBFs keep contamination, including dirt, dust, salt and foreign objects, from degrading the performance and reliability of helicopter engines. Barrier filter technology applied to turbine engine inlets also has the potential to provide substantial return on investment for operators, along with needed performance improvements on many platforms. In most cases, turbine engine components are life-limited parts, but without advanced filtration seldom reach their design life.
“These helicopters are doing important work across the country,” said Matt Fortuna, general manager of Donaldson Aerospace & Defense. “Donaldson is proud to make superior IBF engine protection available to more Canadian operators.”
Donaldson offers 16 Transport Canada certified filtration systems for a range of Airbus, AgustaWestland, Bell, MD Helicopters and Sikorsky helicopters; 14 are certified to operate in falling and blowing snow conditions.
A range of oiled and dry media IBFs will be on display July 24-29 in Donaldson exhibit 376 during the Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA) Conference and Expo in Reno, Nev.
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program