The Phoenix Ranger-LR produces photorealistic 3D point cloud data collected efficiently over extensive regions, which for law enforcement purposes specifically, can provide greater context, awareness, and tactical accuracy. Currently, agencies typically use ground based LiDAR as a crime scene mapping technology for forensics. Aerial LiDAR from a drone or helicopter has proven to be efficient for larger, outdoor scenes as line-of-sight issues can restrict ground LiDAR scans from capturing the entire area. Using multiple scans requires stitching which can negatively impact resolution and accuracy. Airborne LiDAR produces data on everything within its massive swath with pinpoint accuracy, significantly reducing the need for stitching.
“Drone based LiDAR is another emerging tool for law enforcement to gather valuable information and tactically assess large areas,” said Helinet President & COO Jim McGowan. “We look forward to supporting agencies across the country with this newly acquired and powerful airborne technology.”
Additional benefits of aerial LiDAR for law enforcement include exposing unmapped trails hidden in remote backwoods, determining width, elevation, and length of roads, detecting micro topography hidden by vegetation, and gathering ground surface information affected by human activities.
Helinet’s technology group specializes in supplying turnkey mission system solutions and services. Helinet also supplies unequaled drone services and support through its accomplished field operations capability.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit