Israeli is looking to modernizing their heavy-lift helicopter fleet by replacing their CH-53 Yasur helicopters. The fleet has been in service for over 50 years and although they have recently been upgraded, a replacement is needed. The money for the replacement will come from the MoU of $38 billion signed in 2016 between Washington and Jerusalem.
The two main competitors for the contract is Boeing’s CH-47 Chinook and Lockheed’s CH-53K King Stallion. The King Stallion costs $87 million a unit and has three engines that allow it to reach cruising speeds of 261 km/h and has a range of 852 km. It fits a crew of five, has fitted weapons, ballistic protection and retracting landing gear, reports JPost.
The Chinook is considerably less expensive, coming to a unit of cost $38.55 million. It has a full digital system and twin engines that enable it to a cruising speed of 291 km/h and a range of 370 km.
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Hamilton Sundstrand Awarded $17M Contract for Helicopter Flight Control Computers
- Helijet Announces Results of the Special Meeting
- Bristow Provides Update on Status of SEC Filings
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Alpha Aviation Purchases Anchorage Helicopter Tours
- HeliOffshore Helideck Work Group Reports on Top Five Safety Events
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $7M Contract for V-22 Modification
- Raytheon testing AI to improve CV-22 maintenance planning
- FleckDecks Awarded $17M Contract for V-22 and MV-22 Procurement
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Recognize The Best of Vertical Aviation
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support