Leonardo announced today that further orders from Brazilian executive operators have strengthened the company’s position in country and worldwide as a leading provider of corporate and VIP helicopters.
Most recently, one GrandNew helicopter was sold to a VIP operator in Brazil, and three firm orders were placed for AW169s. These aircraft will join the large fleet of Leonardo helicopters in Brazil, which amounts to nearly 200 helicopters across commercial, parapublic, and military operators.
The GrandNew and AW109 series are well-established in Brazil. The combination of world-class technology, performance, comfort and safety standards allow a unique flying experience and make the GrandNew the ideal solution for VIP/corporate transport missions in Brazil and around the world. Orders for more than 360 helicopters from the Grand series have been placed by over 220 customers in nearly 40 countries worldwide.
The country represents one of the biggest opportunities for growth of the AW169 fleet. Of the more than 160 agreements signed for the AW169 to date, including firm orders and options, nearly 20 of them are from operators in Brazil. The new generation AW169 meets customer preferences for helicopters and features innovative safety characteristics. The AW169 incorporates several new technology solutions in the rotor system, engines, avionics, transmission and electric power generation and distribution systems, and can comfortably accommodate up to ten passengers.
Leonardo maintains a leading position in global executive transport market, with 50 percent share in the multiengine segment, and forthcoming deliveries due to advantages of new platforms will further strengthen the fleet in Brazil and South America.
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters