Leonardo announced today that further orders from Brazilian executive operators have strengthened the company’s position in country and worldwide as a leading provider of corporate and VIP helicopters.
Most recently, one GrandNew helicopter was sold to a VIP operator in Brazil, and three firm orders were placed for AW169s. These aircraft will join the large fleet of Leonardo helicopters in Brazil, which amounts to nearly 200 helicopters across commercial, parapublic, and military operators.
The GrandNew and AW109 series are well-established in Brazil. The combination of world-class technology, performance, comfort and safety standards allow a unique flying experience and make the GrandNew the ideal solution for VIP/corporate transport missions in Brazil and around the world. Orders for more than 360 helicopters from the Grand series have been placed by over 220 customers in nearly 40 countries worldwide.
The country represents one of the biggest opportunities for growth of the AW169 fleet. Of the more than 160 agreements signed for the AW169 to date, including firm orders and options, nearly 20 of them are from operators in Brazil. The new generation AW169 meets customer preferences for helicopters and features innovative safety characteristics. The AW169 incorporates several new technology solutions in the rotor system, engines, avionics, transmission and electric power generation and distribution systems, and can comfortably accommodate up to ten passengers.
Leonardo maintains a leading position in global executive transport market, with 50 percent share in the multiengine segment, and forthcoming deliveries due to advantages of new platforms will further strengthen the fleet in Brazil and South America.
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification