Leonardo announced today that further orders from Brazilian executive operators have strengthened the company’s position in country and worldwide as a leading provider of corporate and VIP helicopters.
Most recently, one GrandNew helicopter was sold to a VIP operator in Brazil, and three firm orders were placed for AW169s. These aircraft will join the large fleet of Leonardo helicopters in Brazil, which amounts to nearly 200 helicopters across commercial, parapublic, and military operators.
The GrandNew and AW109 series are well-established in Brazil. The combination of world-class technology, performance, comfort and safety standards allow a unique flying experience and make the GrandNew the ideal solution for VIP/corporate transport missions in Brazil and around the world. Orders for more than 360 helicopters from the Grand series have been placed by over 220 customers in nearly 40 countries worldwide.
The country represents one of the biggest opportunities for growth of the AW169 fleet. Of the more than 160 agreements signed for the AW169 to date, including firm orders and options, nearly 20 of them are from operators in Brazil. The new generation AW169 meets customer preferences for helicopters and features innovative safety characteristics. The AW169 incorporates several new technology solutions in the rotor system, engines, avionics, transmission and electric power generation and distribution systems, and can comfortably accommodate up to ten passengers.
Leonardo maintains a leading position in global executive transport market, with 50 percent share in the multiengine segment, and forthcoming deliveries due to advantages of new platforms will further strengthen the fleet in Brazil and South America.
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters