First-rate operational effectiveness of a RNAS Yeovilton-based Wildcat helicopter Flight was recognised with the award of the prestigious Osprey Trophy.
The Osprey trophy was awarded to 209 Flight on 815 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) for their achievements whilst operationally embarked in RFA Mounts Bay.
Over the past year 209 Flight have successfully undertaken a demanding programme of operational activity in RFA Mounts Bay on national tasking, the first ever Wildcat to operate in a conflict zone.
209 Flight helped to prevent the illegal flow of arms to terrorist organisations including the first operational Wildcat boarding over watch (a flying century post), as the Royal Navy’s newest rotary platform truly demonstrated its world leading capabilities.
The Wildcat of 209 Flight also provided essential surveillance and reconnaissance support delivering the only Rotary Wing provision to the remaining chemical weapon precursors and in September 2016 an in-theatre flight move saw them deploy into HMS Diamond.
During this time 209 Flight dealt admirably with all of the challenges and tasking presented to them.
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade