First-rate operational effectiveness of a RNAS Yeovilton-based Wildcat helicopter Flight was recognised with the award of the prestigious Osprey Trophy.
The Osprey trophy was awarded to 209 Flight on 815 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) for their achievements whilst operationally embarked in RFA Mounts Bay.
Over the past year 209 Flight have successfully undertaken a demanding programme of operational activity in RFA Mounts Bay on national tasking, the first ever Wildcat to operate in a conflict zone.
209 Flight helped to prevent the illegal flow of arms to terrorist organisations including the first operational Wildcat boarding over watch (a flying century post), as the Royal Navy’s newest rotary platform truly demonstrated its world leading capabilities.
The Wildcat of 209 Flight also provided essential surveillance and reconnaissance support delivering the only Rotary Wing provision to the remaining chemical weapon precursors and in September 2016 an in-theatre flight move saw them deploy into HMS Diamond.
During this time 209 Flight dealt admirably with all of the challenges and tasking presented to them.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™