The team at DART Aerospace has made it a priority to promote safety within today’s helicopter industry.
In a recent video, DART’s cable cutter system was used to save an aircraft and its crew from a dangerous wire strike in a rural area of Portugal. Thanks to Portugal’s initiative to pass the legislation of a mandatory installation of protection against wire strikes for certain missions, the aircraft was equipped with DART’s cable cutter system which helped avoid the worst.
With wire strikes being one of helicopters’ most hazardous risks during in-flight low-ground operations, it has been important for DART Aerospace to become a strong partner in preventing damage to helicopters and/or injury to their flight crew by developing a top-grade cable cutter system that could easily be installed on a multitude of aircraft models.
« Approximately 16% of all rotary-wing accidents involve wire or obstacle strikes. » – U.S. Helicopter Safety Team
DART’s cable cutter system is designed to channel a wire or cable into the cable cutter to score it as it travels into the cutter assembly in order to “cut” the wire before it entangles itself to the rotor system.
For 10 years, DART has been providing cable cutter systems to OEMs and directly to operators, all while developing these systems for more than 15 aircraft models. Such models include: AW119, AW139, EC135 (T2/P2/T3/P3), EC145 (T2), Bell 204, Bell 205, Bell 206 A/B/L, Bell 212, Bell 214, Bell 407, Bell 412 and AS350.
DART Aerospace is pleased to announce its recently FAA & EASA approved Cable Cutter System, designed for the EC135 T3/P3 variants.
The DART EC135(H135) Cable Cutter Kit has a multitude of features and benefits that make it a must-have in the industry. For more information on the product, visit DART Aerospace to discover the variety of cable cutter systems designed and developed for your aircraft.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee