The team at DART Aerospace has made it a priority to promote safety within today’s helicopter industry.
In a recent video, DART’s cable cutter system was used to save an aircraft and its crew from a dangerous wire strike in a rural area of Portugal. Thanks to Portugal’s initiative to pass the legislation of a mandatory installation of protection against wire strikes for certain missions, the aircraft was equipped with DART’s cable cutter system which helped avoid the worst.
With wire strikes being one of helicopters’ most hazardous risks during in-flight low-ground operations, it has been important for DART Aerospace to become a strong partner in preventing damage to helicopters and/or injury to their flight crew by developing a top-grade cable cutter system that could easily be installed on a multitude of aircraft models.
« Approximately 16% of all rotary-wing accidents involve wire or obstacle strikes. » – U.S. Helicopter Safety Team
DART’s cable cutter system is designed to channel a wire or cable into the cable cutter to score it as it travels into the cutter assembly in order to “cut” the wire before it entangles itself to the rotor system.
For 10 years, DART has been providing cable cutter systems to OEMs and directly to operators, all while developing these systems for more than 15 aircraft models. Such models include: AW119, AW139, EC135 (T2/P2/T3/P3), EC145 (T2), Bell 204, Bell 205, Bell 206 A/B/L, Bell 212, Bell 214, Bell 407, Bell 412 and AS350.
DART Aerospace is pleased to announce its recently FAA & EASA approved Cable Cutter System, designed for the EC135 T3/P3 variants.
The DART EC135(H135) Cable Cutter Kit has a multitude of features and benefits that make it a must-have in the industry. For more information on the product, visit DART Aerospace to discover the variety of cable cutter systems designed and developed for your aircraft.
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award