The team at DART Aerospace has made it a priority to promote safety within today’s helicopter industry.
In a recent video, DART’s cable cutter system was used to save an aircraft and its crew from a dangerous wire strike in a rural area of Portugal. Thanks to Portugal’s initiative to pass the legislation of a mandatory installation of protection against wire strikes for certain missions, the aircraft was equipped with DART’s cable cutter system which helped avoid the worst.
With wire strikes being one of helicopters’ most hazardous risks during in-flight low-ground operations, it has been important for DART Aerospace to become a strong partner in preventing damage to helicopters and/or injury to their flight crew by developing a top-grade cable cutter system that could easily be installed on a multitude of aircraft models.
« Approximately 16% of all rotary-wing accidents involve wire or obstacle strikes. » – U.S. Helicopter Safety Team
DART’s cable cutter system is designed to channel a wire or cable into the cable cutter to score it as it travels into the cutter assembly in order to “cut” the wire before it entangles itself to the rotor system.
For 10 years, DART has been providing cable cutter systems to OEMs and directly to operators, all while developing these systems for more than 15 aircraft models. Such models include: AW119, AW139, EC135 (T2/P2/T3/P3), EC145 (T2), Bell 204, Bell 205, Bell 206 A/B/L, Bell 212, Bell 214, Bell 407, Bell 412 and AS350.
DART Aerospace is pleased to announce its recently FAA & EASA approved Cable Cutter System, designed for the EC135 T3/P3 variants.
The DART EC135(H135) Cable Cutter Kit has a multitude of features and benefits that make it a must-have in the industry. For more information on the product, visit DART Aerospace to discover the variety of cable cutter systems designed and developed for your aircraft.
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Flight Instructor of the Year
- HAI Announces 2019 Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Pilot of the Year
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- Busiest year ever for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance