The team at DART Aerospace has made it a priority to promote safety within today’s helicopter industry.
In a recent video, DART’s cable cutter system was used to save an aircraft and its crew from a dangerous wire strike in a rural area of Portugal. Thanks to Portugal’s initiative to pass the legislation of a mandatory installation of protection against wire strikes for certain missions, the aircraft was equipped with DART’s cable cutter system which helped avoid the worst.
With wire strikes being one of helicopters’ most hazardous risks during in-flight low-ground operations, it has been important for DART Aerospace to become a strong partner in preventing damage to helicopters and/or injury to their flight crew by developing a top-grade cable cutter system that could easily be installed on a multitude of aircraft models.
« Approximately 16% of all rotary-wing accidents involve wire or obstacle strikes. » – U.S. Helicopter Safety Team
DART’s cable cutter system is designed to channel a wire or cable into the cable cutter to score it as it travels into the cutter assembly in order to “cut” the wire before it entangles itself to the rotor system.
For 10 years, DART has been providing cable cutter systems to OEMs and directly to operators, all while developing these systems for more than 15 aircraft models. Such models include: AW119, AW139, EC135 (T2/P2/T3/P3), EC145 (T2), Bell 204, Bell 205, Bell 206 A/B/L, Bell 212, Bell 214, Bell 407, Bell 412 and AS350.
DART Aerospace is pleased to announce its recently FAA & EASA approved Cable Cutter System, designed for the EC135 T3/P3 variants.
The DART EC135(H135) Cable Cutter Kit has a multitude of features and benefits that make it a must-have in the industry. For more information on the product, visit DART Aerospace to discover the variety of cable cutter systems designed and developed for your aircraft.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics