The team at DART Aerospace has made it a priority to promote safety within today’s helicopter industry.
In a recent video, DART’s cable cutter system was used to save an aircraft and its crew from a dangerous wire strike in a rural area of Portugal. Thanks to Portugal’s initiative to pass the legislation of a mandatory installation of protection against wire strikes for certain missions, the aircraft was equipped with DART’s cable cutter system which helped avoid the worst.
With wire strikes being one of helicopters’ most hazardous risks during in-flight low-ground operations, it has been important for DART Aerospace to become a strong partner in preventing damage to helicopters and/or injury to their flight crew by developing a top-grade cable cutter system that could easily be installed on a multitude of aircraft models.
« Approximately 16% of all rotary-wing accidents involve wire or obstacle strikes. » – U.S. Helicopter Safety Team
DART’s cable cutter system is designed to channel a wire or cable into the cable cutter to score it as it travels into the cutter assembly in order to “cut” the wire before it entangles itself to the rotor system.
For 10 years, DART has been providing cable cutter systems to OEMs and directly to operators, all while developing these systems for more than 15 aircraft models. Such models include: AW119, AW139, EC135 (T2/P2/T3/P3), EC145 (T2), Bell 204, Bell 205, Bell 206 A/B/L, Bell 212, Bell 214, Bell 407, Bell 412 and AS350.
DART Aerospace is pleased to announce its recently FAA & EASA approved Cable Cutter System, designed for the EC135 T3/P3 variants.
The DART EC135(H135) Cable Cutter Kit has a multitude of features and benefits that make it a must-have in the industry. For more information on the product, visit DART Aerospace to discover the variety of cable cutter systems designed and developed for your aircraft.
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Bermuda Aircraft Registry Hits Historic Milestone
- Air Methods opens Mercy Air 66 base at Barstow
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Volocopter and Amazon join UK CAA Innovation Sandbox project
- Lilium Reveals New Air Taxi Celebrates Maiden Flight
- CareFlite celebrates 40 Year Anniversary
- Vertical Flight Society Recognizes Sikorsky For Technological Innovations
- Nepalese operators facing pilot shortage
- Sierra Nevada Awarded $75M Contract for HH-60G DVES Installations
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- FlightSafety announces new President & CEO
- TracPlus and IQonboard collaborate
- Northern Escape Heli Skiing Announces investment
- MALS-39 Marine recognized for contributions to maintenance readiness
- 22 countries sign new European Defence Agency cross-border agreement
- STARS announces first all-female lineup for 2019 Rescue in the Rockies
- FAA Announces Safety Rating for Costa Rica
- Speedwings expands helicopter ops with BHS and DC Aviation
- Latest ACH160 order underlines market confidence in new model