The team at DART Aerospace has made it a priority to promote safety within today’s helicopter industry.
In a recent video, DART’s cable cutter system was used to save an aircraft and its crew from a dangerous wire strike in a rural area of Portugal. Thanks to Portugal’s initiative to pass the legislation of a mandatory installation of protection against wire strikes for certain missions, the aircraft was equipped with DART’s cable cutter system which helped avoid the worst.
With wire strikes being one of helicopters’ most hazardous risks during in-flight low-ground operations, it has been important for DART Aerospace to become a strong partner in preventing damage to helicopters and/or injury to their flight crew by developing a top-grade cable cutter system that could easily be installed on a multitude of aircraft models.
« Approximately 16% of all rotary-wing accidents involve wire or obstacle strikes. » – U.S. Helicopter Safety Team
DART’s cable cutter system is designed to channel a wire or cable into the cable cutter to score it as it travels into the cutter assembly in order to “cut” the wire before it entangles itself to the rotor system.
For 10 years, DART has been providing cable cutter systems to OEMs and directly to operators, all while developing these systems for more than 15 aircraft models. Such models include: AW119, AW139, EC135 (T2/P2/T3/P3), EC145 (T2), Bell 204, Bell 205, Bell 206 A/B/L, Bell 212, Bell 214, Bell 407, Bell 412 and AS350.
DART Aerospace is pleased to announce its recently FAA & EASA approved Cable Cutter System, designed for the EC135 T3/P3 variants.
The DART EC135(H135) Cable Cutter Kit has a multitude of features and benefits that make it a must-have in the industry. For more information on the product, visit DART Aerospace to discover the variety of cable cutter systems designed and developed for your aircraft.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator