In an era of dwindling budget and increased deployments, military flight training organisations will need to be much more creative and reassess their structure to overcome challenges and align more closely with the Civil Aviation regulations.
Speaking at SMi’s Military Flight Training conference this October, Major (Retd.) Peter Dean, Director of St Andrew’s Aviation will be hosting a workshop to share the UK’s Perspective of military helicopter flight training.
Participants of the workshop will receive insights on the recent transformation of UK military flying training, and explore the development of Competency Based Training in the RAF. The challenges of applied flying training in complex environments will be analysed. Delegates will also have a chance to deliberate the cost and benefits of different aircraft types and systems for flight training. Key discussions points include:
– Aircraft Selection for Military Flight Training
– Training Methodology in Military Flight Training
– Applied Training for Military Skills
– Case Study – UK Military Flying Training System (UK MFTS)
Major Peter Dean retired from the British Army in 2014 after 16 years in the Army Air Corps. During this time, he flew Lynx Mk7 in Iraq, AH-64D in Afghanistan and commanded 670 Sqn AAC, delivering the Army’s Operational Training Phase to new pilots at Middle Wallop. He now offers insights to military and civilian clients on flying training and aviation matters.
The Major joins an expert speaker line-up of senior military leaders and decision makers from leading air forces and defence organisations at the forefront of technological and training advances including the Czech Air Force, Aero Vodochody, UK RAF, French Air Force, South African Airforce, Argentinian Air Force, Italian Navy, European Personnel Recovery Centre, European Recovery Agency and many more.
The 2-day conference will provide the latest pilot training strategies and developments from the likes of: Argentina, South Africa, France, UK RAF, Norway and Italy. There will also be a dedicated focus on synthetic and live pilot training for fast jet, fixed wings and rotary platforms.
Attend Military Flight Training 2017 to network with decision makers responsible for developing the next generation of training systems and platforms as well as meet leading suppliers and companies that are solving tomorrows flight training challenges.
For those who are looking to attend, there are special rates available for military and government representatives.
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL