UKROBORONPROM SE Konotop Aircraft Repair Plant “Aviakon” – together with scientific institutions of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine – diversifies components of Russian production, modernizing Mi helicopters for the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
For the purpose of import substitution program implementation – particulary in providing units for Mi-24 EMS, specialists of the enterprise developed a draft bulletin for replacing voltage regulators. At the beginning of April 2017, “Aviakon ” modernized helicopter Mi-24PU1 with domestic EMS successfully passed control tests. As of today, this helicopter is already transferred to the Ukrainian army aviation’s units of the Ukrainian Ground Forces. Mi-24PU1 is designed to increase mobility of ground troops, providing them with fire support on the battlefield.
Modernized Mi-8MTs – produced by the State Enterprise “Aviacon” – will serve for the Armed Forces of Ukraine; will also be introduced, which will also diversify Russian components and perform a range of work to improve the characteristics and bring them to the level of modern operational requirements. In July 2017, on the basis of the State Enterprise “Aviakon”, Mi-8MT helicopter with flight recorder of domestic production underwent control tests.
At present, at UOP enterprise – with participation of the State Research Center of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – control tests of the modernized helicopter Mi-8MT with new weather radar, satellite navigation system and reserve radio station – are conducted. The new equipment is installed in accordance with the draft bulletins, developed by the specialists of the SE”Aviakon”. Mi-8MT (MTV) helicopters form the basis of helicopter military transport aviation in many countries of the world and are characterized by their power and reliability; they also have a considerable reserve capacity. After Testing Act approval, it is planned to introduce the bulletin into operation. This will allow to install the given device on helicopters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
By the end of 2017, the SE “Aviakon” will modernize and transfer 7 units of MI-8MT to army aviation; the National Guard of Ukraine and the State Emergency Service of Ukraine will receive one helicopter each.
UKROBORONPROM is the driver of economic development throughout the country – 200+ thousand workers are involved in cooperation with the State Concern to implement import substitution program.
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza