UKROBORONPROM SE Konotop Aircraft Repair Plant “Aviakon” – together with scientific institutions of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine – diversifies components of Russian production, modernizing Mi helicopters for the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
For the purpose of import substitution program implementation – particulary in providing units for Mi-24 EMS, specialists of the enterprise developed a draft bulletin for replacing voltage regulators. At the beginning of April 2017, “Aviakon ” modernized helicopter Mi-24PU1 with domestic EMS successfully passed control tests. As of today, this helicopter is already transferred to the Ukrainian army aviation’s units of the Ukrainian Ground Forces. Mi-24PU1 is designed to increase mobility of ground troops, providing them with fire support on the battlefield.
Modernized Mi-8MTs – produced by the State Enterprise “Aviacon” – will serve for the Armed Forces of Ukraine; will also be introduced, which will also diversify Russian components and perform a range of work to improve the characteristics and bring them to the level of modern operational requirements. In July 2017, on the basis of the State Enterprise “Aviakon”, Mi-8MT helicopter with flight recorder of domestic production underwent control tests.
At present, at UOP enterprise – with participation of the State Research Center of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – control tests of the modernized helicopter Mi-8MT with new weather radar, satellite navigation system and reserve radio station – are conducted. The new equipment is installed in accordance with the draft bulletins, developed by the specialists of the SE”Aviakon”. Mi-8MT (MTV) helicopters form the basis of helicopter military transport aviation in many countries of the world and are characterized by their power and reliability; they also have a considerable reserve capacity. After Testing Act approval, it is planned to introduce the bulletin into operation. This will allow to install the given device on helicopters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
By the end of 2017, the SE “Aviakon” will modernize and transfer 7 units of MI-8MT to army aviation; the National Guard of Ukraine and the State Emergency Service of Ukraine will receive one helicopter each.
UKROBORONPROM is the driver of economic development throughout the country – 200+ thousand workers are involved in cooperation with the State Concern to implement import substitution program.
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021