Life Flight Network announced today it has entered into an agreement with Allegiance and Cigna to become an in-network air ambulance provider in Montana. The announcement is a major milestone just days before Life Flight Network opens a new helicopter base at the Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport. Life Flight Network is now in-network with all major Montana commercial health insurance companies, including Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana, PacificSource, Allegiance, and Cigna.
Life Flight Network is the largest not-for-profit air ambulance company in the United States. Being in-network means patients covered by Allegiance, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana, and PacificSource will not receive a balance bill for covered services when transported by Life Flight Network in Montana. While Senate Bill 44 addressed air ambulance billing, a patient may pay more if an out-of-network provider is used when an in-network provider is available.
“Montanans deserve timely and affordable access to critical health care resources. This agreement represents Life Flight Network’s commitment to the people and health care providers we serve in Montana,” said Michael Griffiths, CEO of Life Flight Network. “Patients with commercial healthcare insurance in Montana can rest easy knowing we are in-network with the major providers.”
“Air ambulances provide a vital service in Montana. Bringing Life Flight Network into our provider networks is a major step forward,” said Ron Dewsnup, President of Allegiance Benefit Plan Management, Inc. “Hospitals, EMS providers, and patients should be concerned who provides their air ambulance transport,” he adds.
Life Flight Network has four aircraft in Montana: a helicopter based in Missoula, a helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft based in Butte, and as of September 1st a helicopter based in Belgrade. All three locations are staffed with highly trained flight nurses, flight paramedics, and pilots who are available 24/7. The teams provide ICU-level care wherever needed, whether from the scene of an accident or while transporting patients from one hospital to another.
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app